6.0

1. possible replacement of torque converter (1 reports)
2004 Jeep Liberty transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Liberty:

2004 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Aug 292013

Liberty Sport 3.7L

I tow a camper with my Liberty. It weighs 3,000 lbs empty, and about 3,500 loaded. Last August while I was towing my camper the check engine light came on, and there was a shudder at about 55 mph. My mechanic read the error as an overheated Torque converter. The problem is ongoing Towing, or not.

My Jeep is rated to tow up to 4,500 lbs. I am set up to tow. My Jeep has electronic brake control box, a tranny cooler, and a weight distribution hitch. I am sending it in for repairs to the Torque converter soon. Beware of what you tow with this model Jeep Liberty. They Over rated it's capacity!

- , Waterport, NY, USA