2005 Jeep Liberty brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Liberty:

2005 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Oct 022007

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

The brakes on my 2005 Jeep Liberty failed in a mall parking lot and caused an accident. Only 1-1/2 months earlier I had rear brakes replaced at the suggestion of the dealership (mileage was 25,000 miles). The dealership near the accident site said there was nothing wrong. I took it back to the original dealership where I purchased the vehicle (twice), and they said they checked everything and could find no problem. The brakes failed twice since the accident; fortunately there were no vehicles or pedestrians around. There are times when braking that it feels like the brakes are slipping. I am afraid to drive the vehicle. Contacted Jeep complaint line and there is nothing they will do because I have no physical evidence there is a problem. I stopped at the dealership a third time, and the service manager said it could be an intermittent problem and unless they are driving it at the time of the incident, they cannot help me. Consequently, there was $3,300 damage done to my Jeep and I am not sure of the damage to the other vehicle. I had to pay $500 deductible, $100 for a rental, and my insurance rates will surely rise.

- Latrobe, PA, USA