8.0

1. replace window regulator (33 reports)
  3. little plastic part that breaks, found a metal repair (8 reports)
  4. Chrysler recall (2 reports)
  5. no way (1 reports)
  6. rebuild regulator (1 reports)
2005 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Liberty:

2005 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Nov 252014

Liberty Sport 3.2L V6

My rear driver side window regulator went out five years ago. $275 to fix. Now my passanger front one went out. Sh*tty design.

- , Gary, Texas, USA

Jul 112012

Liberty Renegade 3.7L

This was the 5th time I've had to replace the regulator in my liberty. And this is since I've owned it. Before I owned the vehicle, all 4 were repaired. I shouldn't have to replace window regulators 9 times over the life of the vehicle.

- , Athens, GA, USA

May 012013

Liberty Limited

In the last 1 1/2 years I had to change all four window regulators. This is the second time I had to replace the window regulator.

- , Norwalk, CA, USA

Jan 012007

Liberty 3.7L

you expect me to be a loyal customer. No way. I have 4 windows where my regulators have failed. 3 of them twice. As a company, I would like you to fix this problem.

- , United States, FL, USA

May 052014

Liberty

After having to deal with Jeep and the dealership and 3 non working window regulators, I found a great and honest guy in south Dallas that was able to fix my 4th broken regulator in 45 minutes, for $100 and guaranteed for life. He is amazing!!! Check out his site: www.windowregulatorrebuild.com

- , Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX, USA

Oct 012010

Liberty V6

This was the SECOND time the same thing happened to my car window! The window falls open and will not work. And always seems to happen in a rainstorm so my car gets soaked! I will never buy another Jeep.

This time they acknowledged that it was a Jeep Liberty issue with their windows breaking.

Mar 252010

Liberty V6

The window on my Jeep Liberty fell open and would not operate at all. I paid about $666.00 to have it fixed.

The morning it happened the car was parked in my driveway and it had stormed the night before so my seats and carpet were soaking wet. The car has a wet odor now that I can't get rid of.

Sep 032013

Liberty V6

This is the THIRD time this has happened to my windows! The lady at the Jeep Corporate office told me that this is not an issue with my Jeep, after I have already had the same problem two times before.

The first time my window fell down and would no longer operate I paid to have it fixed. The second time it happened the dealership told me it was a Jeep Liberty issue with windows not working. He gave me a number to call and they paid for my window to be fixed and reimbursed me for the first time they fixed the window which I had paid for.

Well now the SAME window has fallen open and will not work at all. I will never buy another Jeep or Chrysler product and would never recommend their products. This is an ongoing expense that I cannot afford.

Sep 162013

Liberty Limited 3.7L V6

I bought this 2005 Jeep Liberty used and after one week I have the following issues: noise coming from Rt. rear, passenger side speaker went bad, now the rear driver side window failed and won't stay up. I bought a piece of junk.

- , Palmyra, PA, USA

Jun 032012

Liberty Sport 3.7L

I want to get this fixed but I want to make sure that it is covered under the recall. I do not have the money to fix the problem at all.

- , The Dalles, OR, USA

Sep 022012

Liberty Limited 3.7L V9

What a pain. Had just got in Jeep to take trip and drivers window stuck down. Do you know how much fun that was to unpack tape up the window and travel. I too had to replace every window regulator at my own expense due to one excuse or the other from the dealer.

Update from May 6, 2014: Third time to replace window regulator. When are they going to take care of me on fixed income.

- , Loxahatchee, FL, USA

Feb 122006

Liberty LX V6

Since Jeep continues to admit to the problem and I'm out $400 every year for a replacement part, I recommend a class action suit for past reimbursement and future newly designed part replacement free.

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 222011

Liberty Diesel

I own two 2005 Jeep Libertys and both have had problems with the power window regulators failing. I have repaired three of these regulators on my wife's gasoline 2005 Liberty and one on my diesel 2005 Liberty. I have only received assistance from Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep for this problem on one occasion. They repaired the first problem and charged a $100.00 labor fee. They have never had a recall for these defective regulators. I have repaired the last three regulators myself with after market repair kits for around $85.00 to $106.00 that are made from metal instead of plastic and the problem seems to have been solved. Why didn't Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep do this from the beginnning? I will never buy another product from Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep when this is the way they treat customers.

Jun 062013

Liberty Diesel

This is the third window regulator that has gone out on this 2005 Jeep Liberty, I have two of these Jeep Libertys. On the first repair in 2010, right rear side, a dealership wanted to replace the entire regulator for something like $400.00 when it was just the small plastic part of the regulator that was broken. We contacted Jeep directly and arranged to have the repair done for a $100.00 labor cost. I don't think they replaced the complete window regulator assembly, however. Then in July 2011 the left rear window went out and this time I decided to order the metal replacement piece from Steiger Performance and do the repair myself. Now it is 2013 and the front driver's side window has failed. I have ordered and received the third regulator part for this Jeep Liberty and have replaced another two regulators on my other Jeep Liberty(diesel). So far that makes five times that I have repaired or had repaired the regulators and neither Liberty has over 55,000 miles on them yet. Now, I understand there is a safety problem with the plastic gas tanks on these model year Jeep Libertys and Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep will not ask for a recall. You would think that after being bailed out with our TAX dollars twice that Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep would take better care of their customers. I believe I have bought my last Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep product.

Jun 062013

Liberty 3.2L V6

OK, this is the third window to fail on my 2005 Jeep Liberty due to a defective window regulator. I am getting so tired of this problem happening again and again and no recall has ever been done for this problem. I will probably order the after market metal power window repair kit, repair it myself and avoid having to deal with Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep again. As far as I am concerned, I am finished with Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep forever. No more of their products for me. Is this the way customers and tax payers should be treated after bailing them out of near bankruptcy twice?

Jul 152011

Liberty 3.2L V6

Had the repair on the rear right side window regulator done in 2010. The left rear window went out in July 2011 and I opted to do the repair myself by purchasing a metal (not plastic) piece for the regulator. Has held up well so far.

Apr 192013

Liberty Limited V6

This past weekend, my rear driver's side window won't stay up. We've resorted to taping it so when it rains, the inside won't get soaked.

- , Dallas, GA, USA

Apr 102013

Liberty Liberty 3.2L

All four of the regulators went out within 2 months. aghhhhh

- , Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Feb 282013

Liberty LX 3.7L

Jeep knows this problem exists and wont fix it.....It is a fault but no recall has ever been done since its not a safety issue.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER JEEP AND HOPE YOU WILL SUPPORT THIS BY NOT BUYING EITHER....

- , Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Dec 192012

Liberty

I had three regulators give out with in a three week period. When the first one gave out I was sure to fix it when I was able to get money to pay for the repairs. Then two weeks later two other regulators went out. I was floored because the expense. I looked on line and realized that this was a known issue for 2006 and 2007 vehicles. I thought I call the Jeep customer service to see if by chance they could see if my vehicle would fall in the recall they had for the 2006 and 2007 Jeeps. No such luck. Just very upset and disappointing that it will now cost me over 600.00 to repair all three windows.

- , hutto, TX, USA