Power Window Regulator Failure

2005 Jeep Liberty (Page 1 of 5)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.

8.0

1. replace window regulator (52 reports)
  3. little plastic part that breaks, found a metal repair (10 reports)
  4. Chrysler recall (3 reports)
  5. no way (1 reports)
  6. rebuild regulator (1 reports)
2005 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Liberty:

2005 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Feb 152017

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

This is the second time on the same window they supposedly fixed. I called to open a case and they denied that because they claim their "replacement" part had a 1 year warranty. Even their replacement parts are faulty. I will never recommend a Jeep, Chrysler-Daimler vehicle to anyone because they do not value their customers. They are really an awful company.

Mar 122017

Liberty Sport

I am having the same problem with the Power Window Regulators. My back drivers side broke about a year ago and luckily my boyfriend knows a lot about cars and took my door apart and put a screw in to hold the window up. Last night my front driver's side window did the same thing. I can't do the same fix as it would be a safety hazard to not be able to open the window. I have been a loyal Jeep fan for years, but the fact that they are well aware of the problem with 2005 Liberty and have chosen to leave all the owners with these constant problem has changed my mind. Why recall the 2006 and 2007 but leave the 2005 to suffer?

What is the information on the Class Action Lawsuit I see listed? Also have people contacted Better Business Bureau? I want to make sure this is handled soon, before the list of people on this site grows even more with this problem.

- , Hamilton, US

Jul 242016

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

I am disgusted with Jeep. This is a known problem that they created by using cheap parts. Their weak attempt to address the issue still falls flat because they have excluded vehicle years prior to 2006 as if no other year has been affected. My 2005 vehicle has encountered this problem 3 times!! They need to be legally forced to fix their problem at their expense.

Sep 302010

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

This time Jeep provided a "courtesy fix" at no cost to me.

Aug 012016

Liberty 3.2L

This is the fourth window that has failed. The first three I had fixed, at my expense. It costs between $300 and $400, and I can't keep putting out that kind of money. I have Gorilla tape holding it up, and that's not really working. Every time I have gone to the dealer, they don't really help, and then say they are surprised it hasn't been recalled. The window failed even though I never used it based on experiences with the other windows. I hate it! I hate having to hear air blowing as the window slowly slips from the clutches of the tape. I hate having to re-fix tape every couple of days. This is a problem I should not have nor pay for!

- , Concord, US

Oct 162016

Liberty Renegade

I have had to have all of my window regulators replaced! Some more than once! Jeep needs to recall my year.

- , Ballwin, MO, US

Jun 012006

Liberty N/A V6

This little jeep Liberty is wonderful, it is so good in fact that it was my 3rd one of them that I purchased. But this one has had problems from the beginning, before it was even a year old the motor went out of one of the back windows. We fixed it ourselves, parts were about $200. Then it wasn't a year until the other one went out. We did it again, another about $200. Before too long the original one went out again so now this made 3 of them and now that same one has gone out again for a total of 4 of the window motors. I am extremely disgusted and if there is a lawsuit I definitely want to be a part of it. It's major to fix those things plus expensive. Anything can go out one time but 4 times? And I see online that thousands of people have had this same problem. Time for something to be done about it.

- , Abilene, TX, USA

Mar 062016

Liberty SP 3.2L V6

now both back windows are broke and wont go up or down this is a bad problem when you have young children in the jeep this should be recalled for sure !!! love my jeep but now I am starting to really wonder why I ever got it ...cant afford to have this issue fixed as its way to expensive so will just tape the window up like the other side for now if the front goes then good bye jeep for sure.

- , Exeter, PA, USA

Jul 202016

Liberty Limited 3.6L

I AM totally disabled and have real bad allergies, so I never open the windows. once a month I go to the drive thru to pick up prescriptions then I only open driver's window.

Jul 302005

Liberty Limited 3.6L

The window power box went out and had to be replaced. Then one by one all four windows had to be repaired: pass. side front. pass.side rear another $375.00. The third window was driver's side rear. We dint have the $375.00 to fix it, so for $175.00 the dealer locked that window out, no up, no down. Then the driver's side window regulator went out and we're looking for a place to fix it.

Jul 202016

Liberty Limited 3.6L

I already did this. All done!

Apr 042016

Liberty

Both rear windows fall into the door monthly. I have one window secure with a screw so it cannot be rolled down at all. The other just keeps falling. I am afraid it is going to shatter while I am driving and injure a passenger. This is so annoying. I am the owner, but my teen daughter drives the car. She cannot leave her car outside in case of rain. Luckily, we just bought a house with a garage, so it's safe for now. But I am concerned about what to do in colder weather. She will leave for college soon, and I have got to get this fixed. I'm hoping the recalls of 2006 and 2007 models will be extended to 2005 models as well.

- , Granite Falls, NC, USA

Jun 022016

Liberty

Really annoying especially since this is a known problem. Very frustrating!!!!!

- , Fairfield, CA, USA

May 022016

Liberty 3.7L

window regulator broke and cable jammed door. so door didn't open and window was broken.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

May 012016

Liberty Limited 3.7L V6

SO ANNOYING! Driving down the highway one day and i go to roll the window down and the whole window just falls through the slot and into the door. So I drive with no window for awhile until I finally open up the door. Seems to be a problem with the motor/regulator, so I take that out, and attatch a block of wood to the door frame to prop the window up. Needless to say its pretty annoying in the hot summer months, and for going through drive thrus. I hear this is a fairly common problem for Jeeps of this era, so Im hoping there is some sort of help or support here. Do I have t pay someone to do it? Shouldn't Chrysler help me with this?

- , Kelowna, BC, Canada

May 142016

Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

Headed to our son's college graduation driving down I-75 south of Atlanta, GA and the rear passenger window just dropped into the door. Had to stop to borrow a coat hanger to get the window back up then buy duct tape to hold it in place. Was nearly late for the graduation ceremony. Will have to take time off from work to take the car in for repair.

- , Cumming, GA, USA

Feb 102016

Liberty

After dealing with back driver window, now the passenger window fell down. I cant afford to fix.

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA

Nov 182015

Liberty

Window just stopped working, able to keep it up but can't afford to fix, now last night passenger window did it, can't get it to stay up, can't afford now. I have to keep at friend's house cause in my neighborhood would be broken into or stolen.

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jan 292016

Liberty Renegade 3.7L

THIS IS NOW THE SECOND OF 2 REAR WINDOWS THAT QUIT WORKING ON ME. I PRESSED BUTTON TO PUT THE WINDOW UP AND HEARD THE DISTINCT SOUND OF BAD LUCK. WINDOW STOPPED WORKING AND FELL DOWN INSIDE DOOR. I NOW HAVE 2 REAR WINDOWS THAT CANNOT BE USED UNTIL FIXED. I AM SO NOT HAPPY WITH THIS.

- , Tucson, AZ, US

Nov 302015

Liberty Renegade 3.7L

window just stopped working and fell inside door

I WAS TOLD THIS IS COMMON AND WOULD MOST LIKELY HAPPEN TO THE OTHER REAR WINDOW ALSO. GOT A GENEROUS QUOTE AT ABOUT $200 PART/LABOR. I DID NOT HAVE THE EXTRA CASH AT THE TIME TO REPAIR IT AND LEARNED TO NOT USE THAT WINDOW. GRRRRRRRR

- , Tucson, AZ, US