1.7

2007 Jeep Liberty brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Liberty:

2007 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Apr 042016

Liberty

The airbag clockspring has broken and we were told the airbags, anti lock brakes and the stability control will not work without this part. We have not been able to find this part and have been told that it is on back order and anywhere from 35 to 100 are on the waiting list before us. This is for the mopar replacement part. No one else is making this part and we are forced to drive, what we feel is an unsafe car. Nothing particular happened, the warning lights just went on.

- Chapin, SC, USA

Nov 182015

Liberty

One week ago from 11/28/15, I was informed my brake lights were out. Just suddenly no lights, then one by one tail lights started going out. I had a 2008 compass with the same issue, that was never repairable. I was driving at the time, and with no means of other transportation I have to drive with no lights.

- Irving, TX, USA

Sep 192015

Liberty

The stability control warning light comes on at arbitrary times and then remains on for the reminder of my drive. When making right hand turns at speed, there is a "grinding" noise that eminates from the left front tire & almost feels like I will lose control of the vehicle. Took vehicle to the dealer and diagnostic revealed it was a faulty clock spring in the steering column and that the steering angle sensor is erratic, thereby causing the slippage. Part is on back order for a *minumum* of three weeks from the manufacturer - was informed that there are 113 of these backordered parts across the country, which leads me to believe that this has the potential for being a recall issue. The issue of the slippage only happens while making right hand turns and never when making left hand turns. The only way to avoid this issue is to almost literally stop on busy roadways to then turn right. Was informed that my vehicle will not be safe on water-covered roadways and am extremely concerned about this considering the upcoming inclement weather we are expecting as a result of the hurricane, but yet it is my only means of transportation to and from work.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Dec 072013

Liberty

I took my 2007 Jeep Liberty in for safty lights that came on esp bas and anti skid. Swantys of bullhead city toled me I needed a new clockspring that controles the airbage and anti scid breaking this was on December 2013.iwent back and complained of brakes grabing then relicing braking not normal. Agine thay said I needed a new clockspring.and that it was on back order that it would be avalable June 14,2014 that were retoling the plant. This was bebruary,27,2014. I kept checing back after June 14 I was informed that th ther was 500 on back order and no promis date was avalable I started checing other sources and recived the same information. I just checed back agine and was toled that thay are stil on back order with no promis date. The date today is July 27,2015. I fill that this safety isue was important to brin to your attention P.S.I was also toled tha ther was 676 now on back order

- Ft Mohavy Az., AZ, USA

Mar 022009

Liberty

All four window regulators have failed on my 2007 Jeep Liberty. It was purchased brand new.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA