2.4

2007 Jeep Liberty steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Liberty:

2007 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Jul 262016

Liberty

Vehicle was parked in parking lot and would not start when turning key. No sound or movement. Mechanic noted broken rod in steering column. Jeep would not replace inexpensive rod and only sold entire $700 steering column.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

May 272015

Liberty

I have been waiting over 3 months for the dealership to get this part. This is a real safety issue. What if I was in an accident? please, please get me an answer on this. I called Chrysler directly and they do not know when these parts will be in. I am afraid to drive my car, but must get to work. Thank you clock spring 68271255aa

- Natick, MA, USA

Oct 082014

Liberty 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. While driving approximately 55 mph, the contact heard an abnormal grinding sound coming from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle made a vibrating motion. The failure recurred several times intermittently. The contact also stated that there was a knocking sound from the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000. The consumer was informed there was a knocking noise coming from the engine. The windows regulators were replaced several times, gas over flows, when pumping gas. Updated 07/20/15.

- Waycroff, GA, USA

Apr 042015

Liberty 4WD 6-cyl

I keep having a problem with the steering column. I have fixed this same problem 3 different times. The last time I fixed the part seems to have changed and the part was higher the last time. The part changed supposedly to be better than the previous part but it seems to go out every year.

- College Station , TX, USA

Aug 082014

Liberty

While driving to my daughter's school on 08/08, I heard a loud pop while turning onto a major secondary road. The front end on passenger side dropped on the tire and I lost control of the vehicle (the steering wheel got shaky and wobbly) and I was fighting to maintain control of the vehicle which almost cost me to flip over. I was able to bring the vehicle to a stop in the medium. In accessing the damage, my front tire is partially flat, my front end bumper is laying heavily on the wheel on the right side which is causing the truck to lean. The vehicle was towed to my home where the tow truck driver assess the ball joint on the right side had dismantled. I'm aware there is no recall for this year but from the previous years, there has been recalls for the same problem experienced by other Jeep drivers. I implore you to investigate this problem because I almost lost my life on yesterday and could had possibly hurt others in the process. I quite sure Chrysler Inc has been receiving complaints about this but has failed to help consumers. Because of this, I'm without a vehicle and have to find other means of transportation. Please investigate this before some one loses his or her life behind this defect.

- Columbia , SC, USA

Jun 062014

Liberty 6-cyl

Auto would not start. Steering column assembly had to be replaced. There is a kit made to fix but was unreliable. Other years official recall was 2011. People with 2002, 2005, 2007 had same problem. Chrysler assumed no responsibly, would not re imburse me for the fix. Need help in having Chrysler assume responsibility.

- Redmond, WA, USA

Apr 052012

Liberty 6-cyl

I was driving to work on the 101 (a major L.a. freeway) and all of the sudden felt my car collapse onto the passenger tire. I struggled to remain in my line, and had tremendous difficulty steering and wasn't able to brake as easily. I flew across three lanes of rush hour traffic and almost hit a wall. When I exited my vehicle I found that my lower ball joint had broken, causing my tire to explode.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

Nov 302010

Liberty

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Liberty. The contact was entering a parking space when the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was then towed to the dealer and they advised him that the fuel pump had failed and would need to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired for the fuel pump. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered a reimbursement. In addition, the contact stated that when driving at low speeds and attempting a turn, the steering would become hard to maneuver. The vehicle was later inspected by a dealer and they advised her that the rack and pinion and the power steering pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired for the pump alone. The failure mileage was approximately 38,000. Updated 06/16/11 updated 2/03/2012

- West Grove, PA, USA