2007 Jeep Liberty wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Liberty:

2007 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Feb 132015

Right front of 2007 Jeep Liberty fell to the ground just after moving forward in a parking lot. Wheel bent out and all fluids released to the ground. If this had happened a few minutes later would have been driving on the interstate at approximately 65 mph. The vehicle would not move when pushed, so most likely at that speed it would have flipped over carrying a mother and child. Jeep had recalls for this problem through 2005. There are many complaints on this exact issue on the 2007. Jeep refused to assist in any way. The manager stated that it was not under warranty. Parts needed for repair: Control arm, ball joint and wheel which was cracked when the incident occurred. $1231. Jeep needs to step up and cover/reimburse for safety issues that are known issues on their vehicles. No good faith for safety from Jeep. Recall these parts before people get killed.

- Longwood, FL, USA

Apr 052012

Liberty 6-cyl

I was driving to work on the 101 (a major L.a. freeway) and all of the sudden felt my car collapse onto the passenger tire. I struggled to remain in my line, and had tremendous difficulty steering and wasn't able to brake as easily. I flew across three lanes of rush hour traffic and almost hit a wall. When I exited my vehicle I found that my lower ball joint had broken, causing my tire to explode.

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA