2007 Jeep Liberty windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Liberty:

2007 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments (Page 8 of 8)

Jan 072007

Both drivers side and passenger windows are failing. Seems the window regulators are faulty. My drivers side won't even stay up which can be very hazardous to my safety and to my belongings in the car. I know of numerous complaints about this and should be corrected by a recall

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Mar 022009

All four window regulators have failed on my 2007 Jeep Liberty. It was purchased brand new.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jun 112008

Power windows falling down in our 2007 Jeep Liberty. We had it repaired once and now the warranty is run out. This cost 300 to 400 dollars to repair that we just don't have. We have the window held up by tape & that is just not safe. This problem is across the country & Chrysler knows this. We need help. Please research just what a problem this is....

- Orange City , FL, USA

Sep 192008

Window regulators on my Jeep Liberty repeatedly failing. I've had to have the regulators repaired five times on a 2007 vehicle. Windows fall down while driving in the vehicle and won't roll back up. I've contacted local dealers and they are also frustrated and said Jeep won't recall the vehicles and create a permanent fix. I also contacted Chrysler corporation and they were not helpful to me -- they shifted Focus to the dealer. Also, like the other post, my car had water on the seat and it created a permanent brown stain. It was bottled water. The seats are supposed to be stain resistant and they are not. Chrysler is not standing behind their products, the seats and the window regulators are defective!

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Aug 102008

In the past 4-5 months I have had 2 windows (passenger rear and front) fall down. Also the driver rear just quit working but did not fall. The latest was the passenger front that fell at night while on vacation which resulted in it raining in the vehicle. Each time it has been the window regulator that was replaced.

- Reidsville, NC, USA

Aug 202008

The ABS traction control sensor have failed causing them to stop working. The window regulators have all failed causing them to be replaced. The windows did not fail all at the same time. Each one about 2 months apart.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Oct 092007

2007 Jeep Liberty all motors in the windows are faulty. Have conducted research in online forums and have concluded that most consumers of 2001-2007 Jeep Liberty's are having same issues with power window failure. Most issues are fixed during warranty, and continue to occur until long after warranty expires. Also** the seats on 2003-2007 Jeep Liberty's are reported as being stain resistant. Something within the seat fabric causes the seats to stain with a brownish color after any liquid substance hits them. Have ran a test on my own vehicle with filtered tap water and brown stain still continued to appear. Addressed daimler Chrysler about issue and was told that it was "bad rain in my area". I do not believe that every state in this country has bad rain problems and in any case rain should not cause a stain on the upholstery of a 20,000+ dollar vehicle. I believe that a lawsuit should be filed against daimler Chrysler demanding a recall on all seats and power windows with a fix to the solution or should have to reimburse every single customer all the money they have spent over the years trying to fix these re-occurring issues. Thank you for your help. Sincerely, sgt nathan cossey United States marine corps

- Dover, AR, USA

Aug 042008

1: regular use of windows 2: plastic clip breaks holding window to track. Has happened 5 times since 2007. Window falls into door. 3: dealer replaces with same window regulator that will break again.

- Marana, AZ, USA

Jun 232008

I had to get two window regulators replaced in my 2007 Jeep Liberty. The Jeep has 19,000 miles on it when the first was replaced. Another was done at 30,000. I am now at 32,000 and the one the was replaced at 19,000 is bad again. The dealership is quick to replace the regulators, and I've been told directly front he dealership that these are a common problem. My warranty runs out in 3,000 miles and then it will cost me 79 for the part, plus the labor of having it installed everytime one goes bad. The Jeep brand should be looking into the issue instead of simply replacing them when they go bad. Typically when they stop working, the window will either fall, or get stuck down. It is an inconvenience to keep having to return tot he dealer ever couple of months to keep my windows working properly.

- Roseville, OH, USA