2008 Jeep Liberty suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Liberty:

2008 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Aug 172016

Severe rusting of all suspension components. Rf and lf cv joints rusted beyond repair. Front brake rotors beyond repair. Jeep dealers said vehicle has severe rusting and unsafe to drive. Was told may not be worth repairing. Most Jeep liberties are covered under a recall except 2008. Dealer said repairs would be in the thousands.

- Grandy, NC, USA

Apr 122016

Airbag light keeps flashing while driving. Jeep shakes as if unstable or struts the suspension and my visibility due to the defroster and wipers don't work properly.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Jan 122013

I purchased my Jeep from a private owner back in 10/2013. I thought I wrote a complaint out but I can not find it here. I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty with a roll back top. While driving with my grandson the top blew back and broke the clip broke when it flew back.. to fix, it will cost $2,000 to 2,500 dollars. It was out of warranty and Chrysler would not help me in any way I called Chrysler direct and a local dealer. I did not think it was the right thing to do being that I do not believe a roof she be able to blow off your vehicle. I could have been on a highway driving 50 or 60 miles per hour and that roof could have blown totally off my Jeep and really caused a problem. Extremely far as look at it this it is a huge defect.. I have driven many convertible cars and never had the roof blow back. Plus the noise factor is just awful. You cannot even hear someone speak with the top closed. The wind is just awful there design on this roof is dangerous and just plain awful!!

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Nov 042013

Liberty 6-cyl

My air compressor started making a terrible screeching noise. The mechanic stated that the air compressor in Jeep do not last after a couple of years. How has this not been rectified? also, my traction and ABS lights come on and cause me to be unable to stop when I press the brakes. This is not from normal wear and tear of driving a car.

- Ashville, AL, USA

May 092014

2008 Jeep Liberty was in shop for unrelated repair. When left front strut was being unbolted from lower control arm, bushing in strut mount separated, so strut rod was not secured at all to body. Strut mount was moog brand pn K3190.

- Roseville, MI, USA

Feb 112011

Liberty 6-cyl

When making a turn onto an unlevel paved road (such as turning onto a road when traveling up or down a small hill, or a road with an uneven surface), my car consistently loses traction and decelerates. When this happens, the electronic stability program/traction control system indicator light flashes. I have also noticed the same problem when driving on wet roads, and when driving on lightly sandy surfaces (such as the roads along our beach nearby). When this happens, the car often slows to an unsafe speed and is dangerous, especially when making a turn to cross a road with oncoming traffic. I purchased this car 2 years ago for myself, with the intention of giving it to my daughter when she reached driving age this year. With this defect, I do not trust this vehicle as safe for her to drive unless this problem gets resolved.

- Navarre, FL, USA

May 102010

Vehicle feels loose in rear, sways at 40 mph and gets worst at higher speeds steering wheel shakes when braking grooves on roadways hard to handle.

- Tobyhanna, PA, USA