2010 Jeep Liberty miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Liberty:

2010 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Aug 162015

This concern is related to the L15 customer satisfaction recall that was issues for some Dodge nitro and Jeep Liberty models from 2010. Only some of the vehicles were eligible for replacement of lock mechanisms on both right side doors. My 2010 Jeep Liberty vehicle is not covered, but is experiencing the same issues with the locking mechanism. I called Chrysler and they said that they could not do anything at this point until if and/or when the recall is expanded to include my vehicle. This recall should be expanded to include all 2010 Dodge nitro and Jeep Liberty locking mechanisms on the right side of the vehicle - not just some vehicles. When there is an issue that is known, good customer service should remediate the issue for all not just for some. I encourage the NHTSA to look at this closely and expand the repairs for this to all vehicles for this production year - and not just some.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jan 112016

My 2010 Jeep Liberty has a oil pan that is almost rusted through as well as the transmission pan. I learned this through getting my oil changed and the workers told and showed me the decaying parts. I have pictures of these items and believe that this should not be happening being its only 6 years old. And of course the warrenty just ended.

- Oregon, OH, USA

May 112015

I have problem with water coming in from the roof and the top interior is getting wet

- Clinton Township , MI, USA

May 302015

I had original heater core replaced due to fogging of windshield, no heat and smell of antifreeze during Nov 2014 with approximately 48000 miles. Heater core went again. Started to hear rattle under car in May 2015. Set up to have Jeep looked over at a dealership. On the way to the dealer temp guage went up and back down the hot! engine seized. I had to pay over 4600 dollars to have engine rebuilt not replaced as well as heater control and heater core replaced. Chrysler is denying that there is a defect in the vehicle. There was never any sign of coolant leak on my garage floor

- Algonac, MI, USA

Jun 052014

As I am driving 55 miles an hour the warning display comes on and says "low air" and within about 5-10 seconds all the air in the tire deflates. I brought the tire to my repair shop that I do business with and they said it was the valve stems not the tires that let go and I must bring it to vip because they are the only ones who take care of that. It cost $100 installed. This has happened on all 4 tires on different occasions. In speaking with employees at vip, they said it is common on Jeep. This could be very dangerous especially when it happens on the front tires. I would like reimbursement for these. What do I need to do?

- Windham, ME, USA

Jun 212015

First incident was in November to where my headlights quit working. I switched out the dual switch but that did not help and then tried cleaning and switching the relays around in the tipm and that helped somewhat. Now I have a whole set of problems. My wipers will not shut off and headlights will not shut off unless I turn car off, and my blinkers are not working at all. I had to pull the fuse for the wipers but cannot find the fuse for the blinkers because it is part of the tipm as well as the headlights. I am worried that with these little issues coming up that eventually bigger ones will happen if the tipm is the problem and Chrysler knows about this, why isn't there a recall. I do not see why I should dish out all this money to repair something that is a defect.

- Austin, TX, USA

Mar 032015

Heater core leaking on my foot while driving burnt me. And antifreeze on carpet made my shoes slippery and when I tried to brake my foot slipped off the peddle.

- Plymouth, MA, USA

Aug 092013

It was the middle of August 2013- super hot outside and my car started leaking antifreeze all over the front passenger side floor. The ac stopped working! turns out the heater core had to be replaced. Cost over $800. Then in December of 2014 - I started having problems with the heat. The defrost stopped working and the windows would get fogged up. And then that smell started- anyone who has had their heater core replaced knows what I'm talking about. This time I took it to the dealer-cost 900. (total cost $1300.)this Jeep has been the worst purchase of my life. I have owned several cars and I can not believe how many things have gone wrong with this car. Right now- its at the dealership again- now for differential gears $1100 (total cost $1575 includes front wheel bearing) my car only has 80,000 miles on it. Be warned- do not buy Jeep Liberty.

- Newburgh, Ny, NY, USA

Jan 052015

Coolant leak- took to carmax service in hillside, il for diagnosis informed that the coolant was leaking from water pump. Service consultant informed me that he spoke to a guy from jack phelan dealership in countryside, il and was informed that by searching my VIN number in there database that there is a recall on the water pump for my 2010 Jeep Liberty. States that coolant leaks from weep hole in water pump, was then informed that I can bring my vehicle in to be service at no charge because of this recall. Could not find any info online or NHTSA website so that's why I am filing a complaint so a recall can be administered to inform other Jeep Liberty owners of this issue.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 292011

It was light to medium rain while stopped at a red light where traffic took off and had to stop soon after. As soon as I hit my brakes the ABS kicked in increasing the stopping distance of my Jeep causing me to rear end another vehicle. At the same time the ABS brake light, traction control brake light and stability control lights all came on at the same time and remained lit. I called the dealership the next day and was told this wasn't a serious problem and to bring it on Monday (I called Friday morning). The first time the dealer corrected the problem by replacing the brake switch and the tail light lamp switch. As I was leaving the dealership, less than a mile away, all of the lights came back on. They corrected it again, so I picked it up and it happened again two days later. In the mean time whenever it is a medium rain or above or it has been raining for an extended period of time the ABS brakes prematurely activate. The Jeep was inspected by Chrysler engineers who state it does not have any problems, and will not fix the damage to the vehicle.

- Royal Oak, MI, USA