2.8

2011 Jeep Liberty brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Liberty:

2011 Jeep Liberty Owner Comments

Oct 232015

Liberty

On 3 separate occasions, over the course of the last 5 months, my Jeep has just randomly quit (engine stalled). This has happened while driving down the road -(twice on a freeway, once on a surface street)- all the dash indicator lights have come on and my Jeep engine has just quit. I've been very lucky that I was not in heavy traffic and was able to coast to the side of the road without incident. After a couple of attempts, I was able to restart my Jeep. There is no warning to this random stalling, no sputtering, no loss of power, it just quits with no indication. My mechanic states that this due to a defective totally integrated power module that is currently on a nationwide backorder. There are 18 orders in front of mine from my local dealership (that's just one dealership). This defective component causes your vehicle to randomly stall out while driving - potentially putting myself or others in danger of an accident. I'm told it could be weeks or months before this part is available, so every time I get in my Jeep I wonder: "will this be the day that I get in an accident" or will someone else get seriously hurt by hitting me" how many others are thinking the same thing? 100's - 1000's" I can't afford to rent a car for an undeterminable amount of time, so I have no choice but to drive this very unsafe vehicle and risk my life and the life of others on a daily basis.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Apr 262014

Liberty

Electrical icons continue to appear on dashboard like traction, ABS, service engine soon, gauge for RPM is 0 mp, engine gauge remain at engine speed. When taken to Jeep dealership for repair I was told there was nothing wrong with the Jeep it is running correctly. And yet the Jeep cut completely down for 10 mins on the expressway. When on the street all icons come on and I have to pull over because Jeep has shut down.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 032015

Liberty

So yesterday after work I get in my car and start it, and I noticed my airbag light came on. I figured maybe the sensor was triggered by the hot weather but that still didn't make sense. So I look up what I should do in the manual and it says take it to the dealer (they were closed). The next day, I thought surely the code would clear and all would be well. To my surprise my light was still on. I take my car to the dealership to get checked out (mind you, I have 2 warranties on this car) and I just know it will be covered. Wrong! I was shocked and dismayed to find out that my airbag has 2 problems, the seat belt sensor has blown out and the the airbag module is blown out (meaning it will not deploy if I get in an accident). On top of all this, neither of these problems are covered by my $4,000 warranty and will cost me $910 before taxes. Seriously"?" I shouldn't have to pay a dime extra for what I was under the impression of already purchasing: A safe vehicle. This is absolutely unacceptable. Please do something about this soon. Someone could die.

- Fullerton, CA, USA