2008 Jeep Patriot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Patriot:

2008 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Dec 222014

Patriot 4-cyl

I purchased the vehicle from jeff schmitt auto group in beavercreek, Ohio in March 2014. I took it in for it's regularly scheduled oil change on December 22, 2014. The mechanic noticed a gaping, rusted hole in the subframe and was very concerned for my safety in driving the vehicle any further. He indicated that this amount of deterioration and rust would take well over a year to occur. I've only owned the vehicle for 9 months and my limited warranty was only good for 6 months. It was also noted that the control arms were brand new as they still had the tags attached. These were installed prior to my purchase of the vehicle. I contacted the dealership and they were very unwilling to help. I've filed a complaint with the better business bureau as well as contacted an attorney to assist me in having the dealership repair my vehicle as it was sold in an unsafe condition and not for its intended purpose.

- Lousiville, KY, USA