2008 Jeep Patriot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Patriot:

2008 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Apr 132015

Patriot 4-cyl

I purchased my 2008 Jeep Patriot in summer 2010. In spring 2011 (when it actually rains in Texas) I noticed a puddle of water inside the floorboard of my car. I ignored it, but the next time it rained and I was in my car I learned how the mysterious puddle of water got into my car, through the dome light that was full of water. I took it to a mechanic and they could not figure out how the water got in. When I tried explaining to them my witness of the water leaking through the dome light, they could not find a leak anywhere. Since then, I have had multiple leaks in my car coming from the light inside my car and the piece to the left side of the windshield. Anytime I try to explain it to a Jeep dealership/take it to a mechanic to look at it, they "can't find a problem". honestly, after spending hundreds of dollars for people to tell me they cannot find anything I have given up. Over time, lights in the buttons of my radio have burned out, lights in my ac have burned out, but today I am letting my voice be heard... we had a downpour last Thursday in North Texas and I turned my car on Friday to once again the dome light leaking water (not a shocker for me anymore because unfortunately this is the norm) and my radio completely burned out. I cannot turn it on, see the time, nothing. It's gone. I called the Jeep dealership Friday morning and he mentioned he just got off the phone with 2 others who are having the exact same issues with their Jeep. It's now Monday and it has rained all night. I got into my Jeep this morning to go to work and my car wont even turn on now. It was working fine yesterday before the rain and now I am pretty sure it has completely shorted my cars electrical out. This needs to be recalled and fixed. There is no reason I should be paying hundreds of dollars for someone to tell me there is not a problem when there clearly is.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 012009

Patriot 4-cyl

10/16/2008 - purchased new 2008 Jeep Patriot 04/01/2009 - dome leak reported to dealership - no findings 11/03/2009 - dome leak reported to dealership - seal on sunroof glass was replaced and drains were unclogged 03/14/2009 - dome leak reported to dealership - drains were unclogged 11/18/2009 - dome leak reported to dealership - drains were unclogged 07/23/2014 - dome leak reported to dealership - out of warranty - referred to Chrysler - referred back to dealership. Evaluation and cost to repair this on going issue is on the customer. There are numerous reports via the internet and a law suit against Chrysler (findings unknown) for not notifying customers of the issue. As a consumer and owner, Chrysler, dealerships and the service departments have knowledge of the issue and have not found a permanent solution and I was told on 7/24/2014, by the service staff at the dealership not to purchase a vehicle with a sunroof. Chrysler should find a permanent solution and the cost should not be placed on the consumer for the repair and "maintenance" of a known design problem with a water leakage in the dome light, to the electrical parts of the vehicle.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Dec 052013

Patriot 4-cyl

After snow melts or heavy rain the rear dome light fills with water & leaks on to floor.

- Warren, MI, USA

Mar 042014

Patriot 4-cyl

I took the Jeep in for a oil change. While it was up in the air the mechanic was able to show me that the engine cradle was badly rusted and needs to be replaced.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA