2008 Jeep Patriot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Patriot:

2008 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Dec 092015

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Patriot.while strapping a safety seat inside the vehicle, the contact noticed that the thread on the center seat belt was failing. Also, the driver side seat belt was splitting in two. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the center seat belt was replaced. The driver side seat belt was not replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 155,898.

- Corydon, IN, USA

Jun 282014

I bought my Jeep to be a safe family vehicle and instead I worry every time I get behind the wheel because I buckle my seat. I have been in a head on collision before in a Jeep Wrangler and was fortunate to be okay, now this vehicle's seatbelt unbuckles itself during driving, and when pressure is being applied. I know that it is not "user error" because it happens to every person who has driven my Patriot. How am I supposed to feel safe with my infants in the car when I can't even feel safe with just me in it?!

- Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA