2011 Jeep Patriot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Patriot:

2011 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jul 242016

The front K-member on my Jeep Patriot has a complete rust thru hole that comprises the safety of the vehicle. This is a known issue with the manufacturer and they refuse to cover this even thou they have extended the warranty for older Jeep Patriots to cover this problem. All Jeep Patriots from 2007 thru 2015 have the same front K-member part number and yet they refuse to deal with this issue.

- Irwin, PA, USA

Jun 122016

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for service. The technician noticed that the subframe was severely rusted and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 83,000.

- Armada, MI, USA

Apr 022016

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that water entered the vehicle from an unknown source behind the passenger seat. The contact was unsure if the water was entering from the sun roof. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 18,000.

- Philadelpha, PA, USA

Mar 032015

Patriot 4-cyl

I was on a short trip when a car behind me frantically waved me to stop and informed me that my Jeep was on fire. The exhaust burnt a whole through the rear bumper and melted the bumper. I had no indication that this was happening.

- Youngsville, PA, USA

Dec 112014

Patriot 4WD 4-cyl

The sunroof drain tubes freeze causing the sunroof reservoir to fill with a significant amount of water. Any vehicle movement causes the water to leave the reservoir and pour down through the dome light onto the console, radio, and gear shift control.

- Drexel Hill, PA, USA

Sep 252014

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Patriot. While driving 60 mph, the hood of the vehicle moved up and down. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 64,000.

- Pell City , AL, USA

Feb 012013

After hearing a noise in my exhaust system, I checked under the car and found my muffler locked up about 2 to 3 inches with the exhaust pipe pointing directly at the back of my plastic bumper. My bumper was distorted and melting. I caught this problem before a fire started but am confident this would have ignited. I then reached up and pulled with a little force down on the muffler and it snapped back into the correct position. There is no damage to the underside of the vehicle just the damage to the melted bumper. I went to a dealership and showed the service manager the problem. He took pictures and contacted Chrysler. After waiting almost two weeks, the service manager contacted me and told me Chrysler would repair my bumper as a courtesy. I asked him if they were going to fix the problem with the muffler/hanger but they refused. I am now doing what I can to inform people of the problem and trying to get the problem fixed. I also found a video at which details the same problem with my vehicle.

- Jordan, NY, USA