2.0

2011 Jeep Patriot fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Patriot:

2011 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Patriot

The contact owns a 2011 Jeep Patriot. After refueling the vehicle, it randomly stalled. The vehicle was to be inspected and diagnosed by a dealer. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V120000 (fuel system, gasoline). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,200.

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Patriot

Everytime I refuel my vehicle, the engine stalls at least twice until the fuel needle is below the fuel mark. I don't overfill my vehicle, so I wonder why is this happening!

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Jul 062016

Patriot

My Patriot with 108K miles stalled at 75 mph on the highway 3X last night on a 3 hour drive. It also stalled 4X times today on my 10 min way to drop it off at the dealership. Once while idling and 3X while driving at different speeds. Once while I was turning. I've read online that this has been happening quite a bit to 2011 Jeep Patriots and even caused a car to be totalled. Please investigate this.

- Star City, AR, USA

Feb 012016

Patriot

Vehicle will shut off unexpectedly after running for long periods of time. Loss of power steering. Thise would happen at any speed.

- Satsuma, AL, USA

Nov 262015

Patriot

While driving the vehicle just dies for no reason. After a while it starts back up with the exception of one time I had to have it towed to a mechanic. A couple days ago it stalled while on the fwy with my 3 yr old son almost resulting in disaster. I bought this vehicle about 6 months.

- Landers, CA, USA

Dec 052013

Patriot 4-cyl

While driving to work on 12/03/13 I was at an intersections attempting to accelerate and turn in to traffic on a busy highway when my car would not accelerate, almost got hit. Car continued to hesitate as I pressed the gas pedal down. Car slowly accelerated but would not go more than 40 mphs. Car continued to pull and hesitated as I was attempting to get it the shop. Major safety concern and almost get in a major accident attempting to turn into traffic.

- Farmville, NC, USA