2012 Jeep Patriot drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Patriot:

2012 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 222012

Patriot 4-cyl

Stopped at red light on incline, went to go car would only roll backwards with no engine running. Turned off key, restarted vehicle. Stopped at same light incident was repeated 2 more times. Entering highway at stop light car approximately going less than 5 mph engine stopped running. Turned key off and turned the car back on.

- Andover, KS, USA

Sep 022012

Patriot 4-cyl

This is the second incident that I have had with this car. The first incident was very similar. This time I was coming back from Arizona into California and I was on the 15 South between barstow and victorville. I was traveling at approximately 70 mph in the left lane. The cruise control was previously, but had been cancelled and I had traveled appr. 10 miles after canceling it. Without warning the throttle revved and became unresponsive. The car stalled and I was unable to get to the right shoulder. I pulled over to the left shoulder. The fuel gauge read halfway between 1/4 and 1/2. the engine would not restart. I called roadside assistance and had the car towed to the dealer in victorville. When the car was taken off the tow truck, I was able to start it again. I drove home the rest of the way. I took the car to the dealership 2 weeks after this incident to have it looked at. The car had not been driven at all since the incident. The dealer ran diagnostic tests and concluded the issue was with the transmission overheating due to mud. I was advised the transmission was designed to shut off if it got too hot with little to no warning. This is the second time this has happened with this vehicle and I have not observed any warning light on the dashboard before the engine cuts off.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Jul 162012

Patriot

Car isn't getting any fuel. While trying to accelerate it sounded like I was going to flood it out. It would only go 5-10mph. Very bad hesitation and shaking and engine light came on.

- Austin, TX, USA