2012 Jeep Patriot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Patriot:

2012 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Nov 242014

Patriot 4-cyl

Car is less than 3 years old. 42K miles. Purchased from dealer new in 7-24-2012. Occupant restraint controller module failure. We are being charged for replacement part and labor. Cost in excess of $400 plus diagnosis. I see that this is a rampant problem in other Jeep vehicles of similar vintage. The recall recently issued should be extended to this model as well. Part # oc 08035034 part cost $203.13.

- Elmhurst, IL, USA

Oct 012014

This problem was reported in the first month of vehicle purchase through a survey, there was no response from the manufacturer. The driver and passenger seat belts do not work consistently, sometimes it locks, most of the time it doesn't. I had some incidents when I needed to make a sudden stop and the seat belts did not lock. My passenger complained about it too. I have a concern that, if an accident occurs, the seat belts will not respond.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Aug 192014

Patriot 4-cyl

My 2012 Jeep Patriot was struck on the driver side by a van. The state patrol officer estimated the speed on impact was around 25 mph from the vehicle that hit mine but may have been underestimated because the crush damage and distance the Jeep was pushed seems to indicate a higher impact/speed. I was struck my driver side front panel and driver door. Both driver and passenger front airbags deployed, but I had no passenger traveling with me. After everything settled from being knocked unconscious I realized that the side curtain and side impact airbags never deployed. It looks like it may have tried but failed as part of the airbag was exposed. I was transported to a hospital. They found multiple internal injuries and still looking into rotator cuff area and trauma to it. Other injuries included bleeding/kidneys by blood in urine, partial collapsed lung with major bruised ribs, concussion. The vehicle was declared a total loss...updated 09-09-14 updated 12/16/2014

- Raleigh, NC, USA