2013 Jeep Patriot fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Patriot:

2013 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jun 302013

Patriot 4-cyl

The car had 1/4 tank of gas and the car started acting like it was running out of gas consistently near stalling when driving. It felt like the car had a clogged fuel filter. I've also had the car fully stall in the middle of the street while driving, almost causing the car behind me to rear-end my car at least one time. When I took this car to a dealership in los angeles in July, I was told the fuel sending unit was the problem and that they would order the part. Because the part did not arrive when scheduled and the date was pushed back, I called Jeep corporate and they sent my concern to their escalation department. They are anticipating the part will be available in mid-October; however, this is a safety concern and Jeep has been dragging this out for 3 months now. This is the second issue I've had with this car and the first issue is now recurring. At the very least, I expected Jeep to provide me with a rental car because this is a safety issue. This car was purchased in Oregon.

- Valley Village, CA, USA