2015 Jeep Patriot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Patriot:

2015 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Mar 302016

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Patriot. On rainy days, water entered from the gasket into the rear center of the vehicle. The failure damaged the roof liner and interior lighting. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the leak was emitting from the antenna. The antenna was replaced. The failure recurred and it was diagnosed that the gasket was leaking. The gasket was repaired with a sealant, but the failure recurred. It was diagnosed again that the gasket was leaking and it was resealed. The failure recurred and the vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 20,000.

- Salem, IL, USA

Dec 072015

The second to the last day of hunting season my husband. And I went up above our house, about 15 miles, we were in light snow, and I could not get the throttle to engage caused us to slide back a little again tried to use throttle to go, my husband saw a wisp of smoke on passenger side, I immediately turned the engine off, my husband looks under where the smoke came from and the rack N pinion boot where on fire, I popped the hood, flames were to hot for him to open the hood. I walked down the road to safety, as my husband got out what he could of our belongings out and into the snow bank. And in that few minutes the flames were inside the cab and windows were exploding, next the tires and the paint etc.....the spare tire also blew from the back of the car. My husband left before the gas tank blew if it did we don't know. We had to walk 15 miles soaking wet. We are both disabled with neck and back injuries. This Jeep is our only vehicle. I would like to request an investigation. What worries us is that had someone been confined by wheel chair or children in a car seat this would have been a deadly accident.

- Roslyn, WA, USA