2015 Jeep Patriot drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Patriot:

2015 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Feb 132016

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Patriot. While the vehicle was parked, it rolled backwards independently. The contact stated that the reverse lights were illuminated. The contact had to jump into the vehicle and depress the brake pedal in order to stop the vehicle. The emergency brake had to be applied in order to prevent the vehicle from driving in reverse. Whenever driving over a pothole at approximately 70 mph, the vehicle downshifted from automatic to manual. The contraction control warning light illuminated. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer who advised the contact not to drive the vehicle and that no failure was found. The dealer suggested that the cbt transmission could be failing. The contact notified the manufacturer who advised the contact to do a full inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 30,088.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jul 132015

Had to get transmission replaced at 15000 miles due to a noise and Chrysler not knowing what the issue was. Was running out of tranny fluid 3 times in one month. With no leak found. Now I am hearing that noise again. Steering is very sensitive and seems to be getting worse, especially going around a left hand corner on the highway. Motor mount was loose at 16000 miles, was fixed, but why was it loose? steering wheel shakes badly when going over 65 mph on freeway. E brake does not work properly. If it is pulled and I am on a hill and it is in neutral or the clutch is pressed in it will roll... (dealership tells me it works and also, they cannot adjust it anymore) why?.. my windshield wpiers are stalling, more and more often they wont turn on until I turn them on as fast as they will go and then turn them down after that. I have had many problems with this vehicle and trying to get Chrysler to buy back because it is obviously not reliable or safe, but my case maanger and her supervisor are ridiculously hard to get a hold of and dont realize the importance of this.. the dealership I bought the car from has treated me terribly and hasn't given me good service in the slightest. One of the salesman cussed at me. And they won't fix my issues with the car, and the owner of the dealership told me "to just total it" to get rid of it, instead of helping me and making it right. I am very stressed about this because it has been going on for 6 months now... and I need a reliable car.

- The Dalles, OR, USA

Feb 142015

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Patriot. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle did not accelerate. The contact stated that the temperature gauge fluctuated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was not duplicated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 2,000.

- Miami, FL, USA