2015 Jeep Patriot engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Patriot:

2015 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jul 092016

The engine shut off twice without warning while we were on the freeway. The second time the engine stalled was 4 days after we picked the car up from hunter Jeep service dept, who told us the issue was repaired and everything was fine now.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Jul 172016

While the vehicle was in motion, the car hesitated, lost speed, and then cut off (lost compression) while driving on the freeway. The engine indicator light never came on (beforehand) to alert that there was an engine problem. The passenger front tire loses air (constantly) and I've had to put air in the tire (since purchase date 3/13/15) every other week and the dealership keeps insisting there is nothing wrong with the vehicle.

- Palmdale, CA, USA

Feb 012016

2015 Jeep Patriot high altitude; complete power loss while driving @ 45 mph. Vehicle shut down and lost all power while in motion. While driving straight down a local road, my vehicle shut off & lost all power. The radio went off, my dashboard warning lights illuminated, all gauges went down as if the vehicle was in park & not in use. This vehicle is a danger on the roads. Dealership has said vehicle, but will not reveal if vehicle is infact defective. I purchased this vehicle in June 2015, brand new. This vehicle has been to the dealership for repair nearly 10 seperate times. This vehicle is unsafe & shut off on me while moving. There are many reports of " engine failure " for the 2015 Jeep Patriot. My vehicle is one of many that is unsafe, and shut off while in motion. Extremely dangerous. Fca llc, should have all 2015 Patriot Jeep recalled. They are building dangerous & potentially life threatening vehicles. Fca must be held accountable for a recall. Dealership has possession of my vehicle & it will not be driven by myself until they can duplicate the engine failure.

- Little Falls, NJ, USA

Dec 072015

The second to the last day of hunting season my husband. And I went up above our house, about 15 miles, we were in light snow, and I could not get the throttle to engage caused us to slide back a little again tried to use throttle to go, my husband saw a wisp of smoke on passenger side, I immediately turned the engine off, my husband looks under where the smoke came from and the rack N pinion boot where on fire, I popped the hood, flames were to hot for him to open the hood. I walked down the road to safety, as my husband got out what he could of our belongings out and into the snow bank. And in that few minutes the flames were inside the cab and windows were exploding, next the tires and the paint etc.....the spare tire also blew from the back of the car. My husband left before the gas tank blew if it did we don't know. We had to walk 15 miles soaking wet. We are both disabled with neck and back injuries. This Jeep is our only vehicle. I would like to request an investigation. What worries us is that had someone been confined by wheel chair or children in a car seat this would have been a deadly accident.

- Roslyn, WA, USA

Dec 022015

Air bag cover rattles over 45 mph has been doing this since mileage of about 1000 check engine light comes on with code P0128 faulty thermostat 2 times in the last month pulls to left over 60 mph has been doing this since June has been back to dealership

- Wheatland, IA, USA

Jun 252015

Purchased 05/15/2015, with 1500 lost acceleration and whining after stop and go, at 2391 lost acceleration and whining after going through toll booth. Telephoned dealer, contacted national, attempted to get in mo, service ctr said no technicians available. Scheduled in nc dealer, sat all day and was told no technicians, changed oil 3509 miles and assured safe. Since delivery constant clunk in rear when changing gears. At 5,000 miles, again, lost acceleration/whining going through toll booth. Took to dealer 6990 miles, kept for 2 days, could not duplicate. Continues with flutter noise though foot pedal line, clunk when changing from park to reverse to drive(clunk). Continue with service, no able to duplicate.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Feb 142015

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Patriot. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle did not accelerate. The contact stated that the temperature gauge fluctuated. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was not duplicated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 2,000.

- Miami, FL, USA