2015 Jeep Patriot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Patriot:

2015 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Aug 292015

Patriot

A car rear ended us on the freeway. We were going 70mph and they averaged 20mph faster. When the struck my rear end it propelled us, across 2 lanes, into the side of a tractor trailor. We bounced off the trailers wheels and ended up on the other side of the freeway. If it wasn't for the stability and sturdiness of the car we would surely be dead. I didn't think about it until later.........not one airbag deployed!! the rear impact head rest engaged. I just figured hitting the entire right side of the car (with both of the trailer tires indenting in the passenger side) at minimum speed of 70mph, the side impact air bags should have deployed. Not really complaining. But maybe something to look into. The Jeep was repaired and im still in love with it. I'm not uploading photos. If there are any questions, I have photos and all documentation, just email me.

- Tunnel Hill, GA, USA

Feb 272016

Patriot

"takata recall" on February 27, 2016, my car, Jeep Patriot, that I was not driving was crashed and demolished by another driver's car, while my fiance was driving it on an unmarked city street intersection, and she was hurt, because, the airbags did not deploy. Some 60 days prior to the 2/27/16 accident, my car was hit by another car as it was parked with my fiance inside, and the airbags did not deploy. Twice the airbags did not deploy, and I maintain Chrysler sold me a defective vehicle, and owes me another vehicle, that will deploy the airbags in the event I am driving, and another driver hits me. The second crash of the two(2)demolished my Jeep Patriot. My Jeep was struck at the left wheel, and a portion of the door on the driver's side of the vehicle. When, my Jeep was struck the first time, the repair person, stated, it was strange, that the airbags did not deploy, and a similar statement was made by the investigator, for the at fault driver's insurance company, that, he wondered; why the airbags did not deploy, when my Jeep Patriot was crashed, and demolished.

- Tacoma,, WA, USA

Mar 152016

Patriot

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Patriot. The contact stated that while driving at 40 mph and avoiding a crash with a vehicle in front, the brake pedal was depressed and the brakes seized. In addition, the steering wheel was difficult to maneuver in order to veer to the side. As a result, the contact crashed into the rear of the vehicle in front. The air bags failed to deploy. There was a police report filed. The contact sustained neck and right shoulder injuries which required medical attention. The vehicle was towed and deemed destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000.

- Thornton, CO, USA

Dec 022015

Patriot

Air bag cover rattles over 45 mph has been doing this since mileage of about 1000 check engine light comes on with code P0128 faulty thermostat 2 times in the last month pulls to left over 60 mph has been doing this since June has been back to dealership

- Wheatland, IA, USA

Jul 312015

Patriot

The contact owns a 2015 Jeep Patriot. While traveling approximately 65 mph, the brake pedal was applied and did not respond in enough time to stop the vehicle. As a result, the vehicle crashed into the side of a truck and the front passenger side air bag did not deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the chest and both hands were swollen which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a yard. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and was unable to complete an investigation to determine the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dec 102014

Patriot 4-cyl

The contact rented a 2015 Jeep Patriot. While driving approximately 40 mph, a vehicle heading in the opposite direction with an intoxicated driver crossed into the Jeep Patriot's lane causing a head on collision and the air bags did not deploy. The driver and the front passenger sustained fatal injuries at the scene of the crash. The driver of the other vehicle also sustained fatal injuries and a passenger sustained injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to the rental company. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable...updated 04/19/16

- Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA