2016 Jeep Patriot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Patriot:

2016 Jeep Patriot Owner Comments

Jan 122017

Patriot

Not sure if takata inflators are involved. On Thursday 1/12/2017, I was stopped on the freeway and was rear-ended by a semi truck which didn't stop going approximately 35 mph. It pushed me into the vehicle in front of me which was a car length away. The seat broke backwards, the headrest broke off completely and I hit the rear veiw mirror breaking it off. None of the 6 airbags in the vehicle deployed,

- Olympia, WA, USA

Mar 142016

Patriot

Takata recall. I was involved in a accident on March 14, 2016. I was stopped at a stop sign when a SUV was making a right turn to the street I was stopped waiting to make my right turn. The gentleman was speeding and took a hard right, he lost control of his vehicle and hit me full impact on the driver side. The entire driver side had to be replaced. The airbags did not inflate, the airbag lights did not turn on. At the impact that I was hit they should have gone off and no one knows or could explain why they didn't deploy. When my vehicle was repaired and I went to pick up, then the airbag lights were on and had to be reset and the seatbelt was not properly working (that had to be replaced)

- Killeen, TX, USA

Jul 212016

Patriot

Went through car wash, water came pouring in through dome light, raining on radio. Took to the dealership who said the drain lines are too small and often need to be unclogged. They offer no explanation of the potential electrical hazard or the rotting effects of water left unseen in the roof linings. I googled the issue and found the history of this poor design goes back to 2008. The dealer told me they have not been recalled and can only unclog/blow out the drain tubes during my routine oil changes...this needs to be addressed as a potential electrical safety hazard. I am leasing the vehicle but may need to switch out. This is an acknowledged manufacturers defect that they are apparently ignoring to the consumers risk of electrical fire, and or rotting accessories causing potential severe devaluation in trade in / sale potential as well as actual cash value in insurance appraisals.

- Plymouth, MA, USA

Dec 102015

Patriot

Roof leaking through rear cargo light, dealer failed to repair properly after 4 attempts.

- Shady Cove,, OR, USA