Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 Jeep Renegade has a very large volume of complaints for such a new model, especially compared to other SUVs in the same class.

Most Jeep Renegade complaints are for various problems with interior accessories & electrical systems, as well as squealing brakes, transmission (rough shifting) and engine problems.

2015 Jeep Renegade steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Jeep Renegade:

2015 Jeep Renegade Owner Comments

Aug 212015

My transmission had been slipping in the lower gears, and especially when I turned corners. Finally the car got stuck in 5th gear, and barely goes when I hit the gas. Both the transmission and engine light came on. I am taking it in.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jul 032015

I purchased the car brand new and had it for 6 days. We drove from denver to breckinridge. We were coming down the mountain when the car shut off going 70 miles an hour. At one point the hydraulics went out and the brakes did not work. We pulled the car over to the side of the road. It took about 10 minutes to start up the car again. We proceeded on, thinking it was something with the altitude and was a fluke. No, it happened to us again. The same thing. The car shut off again going 70 and the brakes didn't work. It was terrifying. The car was towed back to the dealership. It needs a new transmission and associated parts, on a new car with 400 miles. If this was in the winter and the roads were icy, my family and I would have been dead.

- Denver, CO, USA

Jun 172015

I was on the highway when suddenly my brand new car stalled and would not shift back into gear. The car became immobilized and had to get towed back to the dealership. They replaced the fuel valve and did not test for transmission or electrical issues. Two days later the same thing happened on the highway. I took it to a different dealership and they did not know what was wrong with it, so they updated the software in the car because two updates were available. I got the car back and it broke down for a third time, again after only 2 days. The car is currently in the shop and Chrysler is reluctant to buyback the vehicle. Nobody can figure out what is wrong.

- Northfield, IL, USA