Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Be warned the previous model year (2015) Jeep Renegade has a large number of complaints reported by owners. Time will tell whether the 2016 Renegade has the same issues.

2016 Jeep Renegade brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Renegade:

2016 Jeep Renegade Owner Comments

Sep 082016

On 3 or 4 occasions while driving my Jeep Renegade latitude 4 X 4 9 speed less than 2,000 miles. In dry conditions my Jeep anti traction light will come on the dash, and I lose all power for 5-10 seconds. It stops, no gas. It doesnt shut off, it loses all power. Last time I was approaching a red light and slowing down, the lights changed to green, I turned on my blinker to turn left going less than 10 miles an hour and it happened in the middle of the turn with a car behind me my Jeep stopped in the middle of the street dead for 5-10 seconds. I thought I would be rear ended since it was abrupt.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Aug 102016

2016 Jeep Renegade traction control - while making a left hand turn the vehicle's traction control light began blinking on and off and there was loss of power/acceleration. Once the light went off the vehicle began to move again. This has happened 3 or 4 times, while turning or driving on a slight hill. The loss of power is a major safety issue as when turning, you are crossing traffic. The driving conditions were dry, smooth road.

- Randolph, NJ, USA

Jul 052016

Traction control engaging too aggressively. Tc seems to come one when not needed during turns and the engine loses power.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA

Jul 212016

Renegade 4-cyl

Twice now with less that 950 miles on my vehicle the vehicle the traction control has engaged on clean dry pavement, stopped at a stop signed and turned right each time and at about 5 mph the traction control engaged and engaged what seemed like a engine brake to decelerate the engine. This is a safety hazard and many people are reporting the issue on social media sites and forums for this vehicle.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Multiple times when taking off from a stop, under completely dry conditions with clean pavement, the vehicle traction control system has kicked in. The only way to get it to turn off has been to come to a complete stop again, which is very dangerous when pulling out onto a 55mph highway.

- Plainfield, IL, USA

Mar 032016

Renegade 4-cyl

My car "service engine" light came on as well as a message on the dashboard with the words "safety assist" and "security". I immediately brought the car to the dealer. After 2 days in the shop, they said it was (as posted on the paperwork released to me) "cylinder 3 misfire and cold start rough start. Found cylinder 3 plug fouled out poss from moving vehicle all winter without ever driving vehicle. Replaced #3 spark plug, swapped coil #3 with coil #2 to see if misfire moves to cylinder #2. this way if condition is not resolved, I will know if coil is bad or engine has a mechanical problem. Rfh flashed and ABS flashed" they released the car to me and said it was fixed and safe. Upon driving to work at 5 am, in the dark, I had no exterior lights and could only use my high beams if I held them on. I had no back lights. Cars approached very close to my car and I had no idea why. When I got to work, I had another worker check the back of my car and there were no back lights or brake lights. I called the dealer and left a message and dropped the car off after work. After further review, they have now told me the engine needs to be replaced....on a 2016 car. Ridiculous. Thank you

- Stony Point, NY, USA