Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Be warned the previous model year (2015) Jeep Renegade has a large number of complaints reported by owners. Time will tell whether the 2016 Renegade has the same issues.

2016 Jeep Renegade engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Jeep Renegade:

2016 Jeep Renegade Owner Comments

Sep 082016

On 3 or 4 occasions while driving my Jeep Renegade latitude 4 X 4 9 speed less than 2,000 miles. In dry conditions my Jeep anti traction light will come on the dash, and I lose all power for 5-10 seconds. It stops, no gas. It doesnt shut off, it loses all power. Last time I was approaching a red light and slowing down, the lights changed to green, I turned on my blinker to turn left going less than 10 miles an hour and it happened in the middle of the turn with a car behind me my Jeep stopped in the middle of the street dead for 5-10 seconds. I thought I would be rear ended since it was abrupt.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jul 282016

Vibrating/rumbling noise through gas pedal and rear differential between 29-34 mph while using cruise/not using cruise/letting off gas pedal slowly; dealership claims its the high gearing, its normal, we cant replicate, Chrysler rep states the same thing, yet I take the service mgr for a ride and theres the noise, take service mgr for a ride in another Renegade and theres the noise, supposedly they will work on figuring out whats the issue on the other Renegade and then deal with mine. Digital speedometer fluctuates between +/-1 mph upon setting cruise on level elevation, setting cruise speedometer in center display will read 69 mph but upper right speedometer display reflects 70 mph and only time they ever are the same is when your going downhill, Chrysler rep at wi dealership states this is normal and I am calling bullshit, they wont fix it because its within the normal parameters but scientifically it doesnt jive.

- Oconto, WI, USA