2.7

2007 Jeep Wrangler electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Wrangler:

2007 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Mar 012016

Wrangler

My airbag light comes on intermittently. I have tried cleaning the wiring connectors under the front seat but this has had no effect on the light going on or off. This happens sometimes as it is sitting still as well as while driving. I have found this being an issue while researching this problem online in every forum that I have searched in. This has been happening for several months now and I am concerned that the airbags won't deploy when and if needed. I have kids that drive and ride in this vehicle.

- Flower Mound, TX, USA

Mar 112015

Wrangler

Clockspring failure disables horn and airbags

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jul 022015

Wrangler

The horn will not work and the air bag light chimes off and on. And now I have intermittent starting issue. I can drive up the road and cut it offand then get back in and it won't start. But wait about 10 minutes and it'll start right

- Fletcher, NC, USA

Jun 222015

Wrangler

My Jeep lost all power and brakes while driving. The ABS and brake lines are charred throughout the entire vehicle from overheating and the main wiring harness was damaged as well. The vehicle is currently and national Dodge jacksonville nc awaiting repairs. Mike in the service department says the ABS overheated but no fire but another mechanic I had look at it said there was a small fire.

- Hubert, NC, USA

Aug 122015

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. While driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle restarted after several attempts. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 69,000.

- Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA

May 272015

Wrangler

Jeep overheated in traffic. Turns out cooling fan was not working. All fuses and relays were checked. Turns out it was the tipm. You would think by now Jeep would pay for this fix. Especially since this part is a nation wide back order. And it's a $600 part!

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Jun 242015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

During normal street driving the air bag light was turning on and off for the 5 mile drive home. Tried turning car off and on, the. Tried pushing the fuses down to make sure it wasn't that. Also recently replaced the tipm. So far, I'm not liking this Jeep. A lot of problems.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Jun 012015

Wrangler

Headlights began flashing, horn honking, and door locks would not respond. Could not disable horn with key fob as usual. This has happened multiple times in the last few weeks. The Jeep dealer says that it is a faulty tipm (totally integrated power module)......updated 11/13/15

- Florence, SC, USA

Jun 062015

Wrangler

Upon starting vehicle, horn sound constant, wipers turn on, windshield sprayer squirts, back up light turn on and drivers side headlight illuminates. Turned off ignition and removed key, dashboard lost power, but engine continued to run, disconnected battery and approximately 90 seconds later, engine quite running

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 262015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Driving down the road when suddenly the horn started honking, wipers started on their own as well as wiper fluid squirting, radio came on and lights turning on and off. Pulled over and even after the car was turned off and key removed ignition the car remained running with all electrical equipment running off and on. It seems that many other people have had this problem with their Jeep/ Chrysler vehicles. I replaced the battery cables and started the car again, it was fine for about 30 seconds then it all happened again until I removed the battery cables. I removed the battery cables to the car because I'm concerned that the electrical problem may cause a fire under the hood and possibly burn my house down.

- Humble, TX, USA

Apr 062015

Wrangler 6-cyl

I parked my Jeep in my drive way around 12 pm after on Monday, April 6th. Around 4 pm the same day a fire, that appeared to be electrical in nature, started in the dash inside the factory gps/radio system. The key was not in the ignition. I was alerted by my neighbor that my Jeep emergency flashers were on and it was smoking. We rushed to the Jeep, the windows were all burnt black the fire was just smoldering because the doors and windows were shut. My dad and I quickly grabbed two fire extinguishers and when we opened the doors the fire engulfed the entire front dash. After a few uses of the fire extinguishers we managed to put the fire out before too much damage was done. The entire front dash was melted and the windshield was cracked. We suspect the vehicle to be totaled but we have heard back from the insurance company.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Dec 312014

Wrangler 6-cyl

The passenger side low beam operates intermittently. The problem has been traced to the solid state relay on the tipm printed circuit board. The low beam usually operates after having the selector set to high beam for 20-30 minutes. The only remedy is replacing the tipm at substantial cost for a relatively simple and very important, safety related vehicle function. Replacement tipm units are not readily available, and there is no temporary repair possible. This failure effectively precludes legal operation of the vehicle until the costly repair can be completed.

- Coffeyville, KS, USA

Mar 032015

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

My Jeep Wrangler unlimited X has stalled 3 times while I was driving. The dashboard lights up like a christmas tree and the vehicle's power goes out for what seems like no more than 2 seconds. There have been quite a few other problems with this Jeep, but most have been covered under warranty and the lifetime drive-train warranty. Re: question #2 I can not give any dates, so I put today's date. I know for a fact that the vehicle has experienced the aforementioned problem 3X's as it is an unforgettable experience.

- Marquette, MI, USA

Dec 242014

Wrangler 6-cyl

I started my 2007 Jeep Wrangler 4X2 (manual shift) and was sitting in the drive way (the vehicle was not in gear) when the Jeep turned itself off and restarted. At the time it restarted itself, the horn began blowing non-stop, the front and rear windshield wipers turned on, washer fluid sprayed from the rear wipers, the dash lights turned on, the radio turned on, and the interior lights turned on. I attempted to turn off the vehicle and remove the key from the ignition. The horn kept blowing, both sets of wipers were on, the interior lights remained on, the engine kept running, the dash lights remained lit, and the radio wouldn't shut off. I tried to restart the vehicle and turn it off, but nothing helped. The horn was blowing like a demon. The neighbors raced over to help me. We manually stalled the Jeep to stop the engine, but the horn, radio, lights, and wipers remained on. We disconnected the battery terminal - horn kept blowing. (this wiped out the computer codes). Then we disconnected the horn to keep it from blowing non-stop. This is the 4th time this has happened to my Jeep. On thanksgiving day 2014 - the vehicle turned itself off and turned itself back on while driving at 45mph. The ABS and compass module has been replaced. Software updates have been completed. The clockspring was replaced. They claim the tipm was replaced in 2007. I called the Chrysler customer care and the dealership on all occasions after each incident and they basically told me that if they can't see any codes, then the issue didn't happen. They want to see of video. I need help with my demon Jeep - I am totally afraid to drive it and the dealership and Chrysler corporation won't help me. That thing will eventually cause a serious accident. These issues began in August 2014 and remains unresolved as of 1/17/2015.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Dec 252014

Wrangler

On the 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) dashboard, the airbag warning light flashes on every other minute with a chime, an indication that there is something malfunctioning or interfering with the vehicle's airbags.this has been a recurring issue and concern for many 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) owners, including myself, and has been shown time and time again to be caused by a faulty clockspring within the vehicle's steering wheel. This faulty clockspring is the culprit for potential airbag failure in the 2007 Jeep Wrangler (lhd) during an accident or premature deployment when simply driving around. Daimler Chrysler has refused to address the safety concern of their faulty clockspring that can cause failure of the vehicle's airbags from properly deploying.

- North Dighton, MA, USA

Oct 302014

Wrangler

Totally integrated power module (tipm) failure causing every electrical system to malfunction - usually at the same time. Alarm/horn, wipers/washer, radio, gauges, etc), to which removing the key from the ignition has no effect. Only solution is to remove battery connection ( and apologize to those around you in traffic for the inconvenient show the vehicle just put on). Manufacturer recall of tipms only covered certain manufacture dates, despite the problem not being limited to just that one group of vehicles. Repair (replacement of tipm) is > $1000.

- Douglas, MA, USA

Nov 202014

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

Wipers suddenly start, sway bar indicator turns on, headlights turn off and vehicle stalls. Takes up to 2 days for vehicle to restart.

- Burleson, TX, USA

Dec 152014

Wrangler 6-cyl

Jeep shuts off when driving on the highway.

- Hamden, CT, USA

Nov 242014

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while attempting to start the vehicle, the instrument panel failed to operate and when the brake pedal was depressed the vehicle failed to switch gears. The contact had to engage the manual overdrive switch in order to release the vehicle out of park. The independent mechanic diagnosed that the total integrated power module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Georgetown , TX, USA

Oct 182014

Wrangler

The horn stopped working and then a day later the air bag warninglite indicating malfunction came on intermittently and then stayed on chiming from time to time.it goes off and then comes back on when the vehicle starts moving again.it sometimes goes off when turning right.my mechanic said there have been several complaints about it, it is the clockscrew he said nad when I looked it up, it was the exact description.pitiful is all I have to say, this is a safety issue and Jeep should fix it immediately.

- Foutaintown, IN, USA