CarComplaints.com Notes: Poor side crash test ratings from the IIHS are really no surprise.

2012 Jeep Wrangler drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Wrangler:

2012 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments (Page 11 of 13)

Oct 022013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received the notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering). The dealer was contacted and stated that the part was not available for repair. The manufacturer was also contacted and stated that they were attempting to source an additional vendor to obtain the part needed to complete the recall service. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Apoka, FL, USA

Nov 292013

Wrangler 6-cyl

After receiving a recall notice (safety recall N28/NHTSA 13V-234 transmission oil cooler tube) in the mail, I called my local dealership (clear lake Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, houston, tx) to schedule a service appointment to remedy the possible problem explained in the recall notice. Unfortunately, I was told that this dealership is only receiving approx. 1 - 2 of the parts needed for this problem per week and they have a list of customers for those parts already long enough that will take approx. A year to fill. I was told that I should continue to call the dealership approx. Once a week and see if they, by any chance, received enough of the parts to fix my vehicle. I find this unacceptable! I do not want to wait a year to get my vehicle fixed and feel that I (nor anyone else) should not have to wait that long to get a possible defect in my vehicle taken care of. Are there any other options for me" what can I do to get my vehicle taken care of immediately" I do not want to wait to get this problem taken care of and risk the possibility of the problem materializing and causing an accident that could result in my vehicle being destroyed or, even worse, injuring myself or others! I appreciate any help or advice you could give me in this matter! thank you.

- Deer Park, TX, USA

Jul 192013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering) and stated that the manufacturer advised that the remedy part was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Oct 092013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign id number 13V234000 (power train, steering) however, the contact was not able to have the vehicle serviced under the recall because the remedy part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Nov 212013

Wrangler 6-cyl

The Jeep auto to manual shifting is way too sensitive and will down shift without driver input to lower gears causing very dangerous sudden reduction in speed. Driving down the road at roughly 65 mph and the Jeep auto trans went into 1st gear by itself and almost stopped the vehicle on the freeway!!! to recover the car had to be put into neutral than put back into drive.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Oct 152013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering). The manufacturer was contacted and stated that the part was not available for repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cinncinnati, OH, USA

Aug 312013

Wrangler 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification of under NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering). The dealer was contacted and stated that the part needed for the recall service was not available. The dealer was unable to provide a date of availability. The contact had not experienced a failure...updated 05/15/14 updated 05/15/14

- Phoenix, NY, USA

Nov 072013

Wrangler 6-cyl

As I went to my appointment for a motor vehicle safety recall on my 2013 Jeep, I was told my dealer that they could only get 1 recall part a week and it would be at least 7 weeks before they would call me to make an appointment for my recall. I feel that if a vehicle is being recalled for a safety issue that more than 1 transmission oil cooler tube a week should be available to the dealers. In the meantime, I am apprehensive about driving my Jeep wondering if this issue will arise and how it will affect me and my vehicle.

- Whitefield, NH, USA

Nov 192013

Wrangler 6-cyl

I received a safety recall N28 / NHTSA 13V-234. Transmission oil cooler tube. Called rick hendrick Jeep in charleston, SC to schedule repair. I was told that they can only get 1 part every 14 days and there are 80 people ahead of me. Doing the math that means they will get 26 parts over 365 days, so it will be 3 years before they can fix the problem. Unacceptable.

- North Charleston, SC, USA

Jul 102013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated there was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 13V234000 (power train, steering) however, the contact was unable to have the vehicle serviced under the recall because the part was unavailable. The dealer stated that the manufacturer would only send one part every two weeks to perform the repair on the recalled vehicles. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Brooklyn , NY, USA

Oct 182013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that he received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 13V234000 (power train, steering ) in October 2013. The contact stated that he attempted to have the vehicle repaired but the dealer informed him that he would have to wait months in order to have the vehicle serviced per the recall because the part needed was not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 13V234000 (power train, steering) however, the contact was not able to have the vehicle serviced because the part needed to correct the failure was on a massive waiting list. The dealer informed the contact that only one remedy part was being sent to the dealer every fourteen days. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mt. Airy, MD, USA

Oct 022013

Wrangler 6-cyl

Received safety recall notice N28, NHTSA 13V23400, and contact dealer in Michigan city, in 46360 same day to get repair done. I have since contact the dealer in mc 3 more times and they still do not have the part (transmission oil cooler tube) in stock to do the repair. Advise me it is not receiving the tubes from Chrysler and they will call me back the next day. They never call me back and I have to keep contacting them only to get the run around that they do not have the tube in stock.

- Michigan City, IN, USA

Nov 122013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that he received notification of NHTSA campaign number 13V234000 (power train, steering) and was informed that the parts were not available and it would be around five months befor his vehicle could be remedied. The manufacturer was contacted about the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Lakeview, NY, USA

Oct 152013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that while parked, she noticed a leak coming from under the vehicle. The vehicle was included in the recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 13V234000 (power train, steering). The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where the technician stated that the transmission oil cooler tube was leaking and would have to be replaced under the recall but the part needed to complete the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that only one part would be sent to the dealer weekly. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.

- Jeffersonville, IN, USA

Wrangler 6-cyl

Received recall notice N28, made appointment with dealer. No parts available,2nd. Appointment, no parts available, after 3rd. Try in two months, ask dealer to notify me when part is available.

- Flemington, NJ, USA

Nov 052013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated that the part for NHTSA campaign number 13V234000 (power train, steering) was not available and an arrival date could not be given. The manufacturer was contacted about the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Doylestown, PA, USA

Wrangler 6-cyl

Safety re-call notice: The transmission oil cooler tube on the vehicle may inadvertently come in contact with the power steering fluid return tube. This tube to tube contact could eventually cause the transmission oil cooler tube to develop a wear hole and leak. A loss of transmission fluid could cause transmission damage and if the leaking fluid comes in contact with an ignition source, cause an underbody fire. The service shop has scheduled my appointment all the way until January 2, 2014. This is my only mode of transportation and I fear for an accident to occur if I wait too long.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Nov 012013

Wrangler 6-cyl

I got a recall letter, ( safety recall N28/NHTSA 13V-234 transmission oil cooler tube ) which says could cause risk of crash. The dealer says they can only order one part every 7 days and I won't be able to get it fixed for 4 months. Is this true and is it safe to drive?

- Plantsville, CT, USA

Sep 082013

Wrangler

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. The contact stated there was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 13V234000 (power train, steering) and the part was unavailable. The dealer stated that the part would not be available for three to four months. The manufacturer was not notified. There are no failures at this time.

- Medina, OH, USA