2012 Lexus CT 200h body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lexus CT 200h:

2012 Lexus CT 200h Owner Comments

Apr 092013

CT 200h

The passenger side glass on my 2012 Ct exploded for no particular reason a few days ago. I was on the highway doing about 65 mph and I suddenly heard a loud 'boom' and the side window was gone... completely gone. Nothing hit my car, no rocks, no bullets... no bricks. There was no one beside me and I was on I-81. Had I over-reacted, I could have crashed the car. Had there been a passenger in the seat, she would have been severely cut from the flying glass shards at 65 mph. I experienced cuts on my right hand and arm. Lexus, in a completely disappointing show of customer "service" is refusing to pay for it under warranty. I am not the only one with a Ct that has had this happen. Do a google search and you'll find a few other cases on other forums. I point you to this wikipedia article ( which clearly states this phenomenon is due to manufacturing defects in the glass. I suggested that Lexus corporate send the glass back to the vendor for analysis and they refused! they simply could care less. I will never buy another Toyota product again and I warn all readers to be very careful.

- Syracuse, NY, USA