Oil Sludge Resulting In Engine Failure

2002 Lexus ES 300

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Lexus dealer.

2002 Lexus ES 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Lexus ES 300:

2002 Lexus ES 300 Owner Comments

Oct 132005

ES 300 ES

Well, were do I begin! I purchased my Lexus pre-owned from a local dealership. I had only driven my car for 2 days and my check engine light and oil light kept coming on. So I take it to the dealership and my key immobilizer system had blown. My valet key was the only thing that would start it...... Then, not even a week later I had blue/white smoke coming out the back end of it every time I would start it!!!! Once again, I head to the dealership...... I get a call saying how they had to rebuild my engine because the oil was sludged up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The vehicle only had 25K on it and I was shocked! So, within the first week of owning it, I had to get practically a brand new engine!

- , Santa Monica, CA, USA