2004 Lexus ES 330 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lexus ES 330:

2004 Lexus ES 330 Owner Comments

Apr 142016

ES 330

The contact owns a 2004 Lexus ES330. While driving 35 mph, the air bag light illuminated, and the cruise control, fuel gauge, and horn failed to function. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the entire electrical housing system of the front passenger seat failed and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 154,000.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Dec 192015

ES 330

Since I purchased this vehicle in 2008 I had the problems with the car jerking between 40-60mph and had the dealer to investigate my concerns which I took the car to a Lexus dealership for diagnosis of the problems which they never found; I was then told that this problem occurs in all 2004 330es and the problem wasn't detected. So I drove this car for all the years I have it with the same problems; until 12/19/2015 the problem continued when I was enroute to another town and the engine light came on and the vehicle began jerking and slowed down and I could no longer accelerate the engine; when doing so the car made an arkward sound; so I began to turn around and head back home from where I was it was 8 miles back; and the car was jerking and shaking to where it was about to shut down completely and still pulling; I had my car towed to the dealership and left it over the weekend; and they finally found the problem code P0303 cylinder 3 misfire and PO353 ignition coil, which was the problem all along but they couldn't find it because at the time there was no light indicator on; but now that the warranty expired for which the dealer I purchased the vehicle was reliable for the payment. $500 later the problem discovered. Also recall on the issue but not the vehicle I own; since I experienced the same problems I feel that the recall should have included my vehicle and a refund due.

- Eustis, FL, USA

Aug 042014

ES 330 6-cyl

The contact owned a 2004 Lexus ES 330. While driving 35 mph, the vehicle was struck by a deer and damaged the vehicle. The contact continued driving and smelled transmission and/or brake fluid. The instrument panel illuminated, the windshield wipers activated, and the vehicle caught fire. The fire department extinguished the fire and the vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 180,000. Updated 11/20/14 the consumer stated the collision with the dear was on July 24, 2014. Insurance did not pay until August 11, 2014; after the fire and before the repair. Updated 8/4/2015

- Jackson, SC, USA

Feb 162010

ES 330

I own a Lexus ES330 2004. It isn't involved in the accelerator recall. However my car does drive by wire. The following if from car and driver. According to them software does exist that stops voltage to the etc when the brakes are applied. To me this is a "no brainer". maybe there are patent issues that is not an excuse. Toyota should be forced to reprogram their software. I work in industry we use interlocks all the time. But Toyota could do better. Since the advent of electronic throttle control, many automakers have added software to program the throttle to close"and therefore cut power"when the brakes are applied. Cars from BMW, Chrysler, Nissan/infiniti, Porsche, and Volkswagen/Audi have this feature, and that's precisely why the G37 aced this test.

- Newark, DE, USA