2007 Lexus ES 350 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus ES 350:

2007 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Mar 312015

ES 350 6-cyl

I have a curved mirror on the passenger side of the auto. The mirror is distorted. The objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. It is dangerous and misleading. It causes backing up and lane change accidents I just received a new patent that uses a flat mirror on both sides of the vehicle. It is called the "see more switch" it is an " automotive side mirror control system" with no blind spots (perfect view) this system is automatic in drive and reverse. It is available for sale or lease

- Weston, FL, USA

Nov 012013

ES 350 6-cyl

Dashboard melt when the temperature reach 80 degree which is most days of the year in Florida, couple of month ago the melting dashboard is causing a severe glare that make visibility difficult, as a result it is a hazard to drive this car every day or for more than one hour at the time or the temperature is 80 degree or higher. Lexus refused to remedy the defect in the past and now that many people are complaining Lexus is saying the do not have enough parts to replace all the melting dashboard. Meanwhile I can be killed in a car accident and Lexus could care less. I have three young children, safety and visibility are essential to drive my car. I no longer feel safe in my Lexus ES350 2007 and I lost my trust in the brand name. I need your help in remedy my hazard/safety issue caused intestinally by Lexus knowing Florida has a higher temperature than most other states.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jun 022014

ES 350 6-cyl

I purchased a certified used 2007 Lexus ES 350 in 2010 with approximately 26,000 miles. In 2014, I left the Lexus in my Florida parking lot for the summer (may-October). When I returned from New York, the entire Lexus dashboard had melted! due to the melting, there is a shiny glare on the windshield which makes it hard to see. I believe this is very dangerous and there should be a recall. I paid a lot of money for this car, and this is a serious safety defect. Lexus should recall these cars and fix this problem.

- Palm Beach, FL, USA

Aug 052012

ES 350 6-cyl

The dashboard melting and gets shiny and sticky in the sun makes driving it with glare.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jan 012012

ES 350 6-cyl

The entire dashboard on my vehicle is melting. The cause is unknown but it appears to be a material, or material process, issue. The shiny black melting dashboard is highly reflective. It impairs my vision on a sunny day. I've tried many different types of sunglasses to try to make it easier on my eyes, but nothing seems to help. I have talked to Lexus, they agreed that it's a problem but their offer to "help" pay for the repair was not acceptable (50% of ~$3200). The melting process began about 2 years ago, it was a local problem (reflections only at certain sun angles). Currently, the entire dashboard is melted (reflections all day when the sun is out). Thanks!

- League City, TX, USA

Jan 012014

ES 350 6-cyl

The dashboard is very sticky to the touch. When trying to remove the stickiness with a paper towel and cleaner, the paper towel became stuck to the dashboard. At this time unable to clean the dashboard. The dashboard is creating a glare on the front window making it difficult to see at times. The black rubber exterior trunk release button melted. I went to open the trunk and had difficulty getting the trunk to open. When I bent down to see what was wrong with the button, it was totally melted and smeared across the bottom. I had black residue on my fingers when I touched what was left of the button. I reported both incidents to my service manager in June 2014 when I took my Lexus in for an oil change. I was told that the trunk button would be over $300 and the dashboard was not covered.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jun 012013

ES 350 6-cyl

Dashboard material melted creating a blinding glare on the interior of windshield during daytime hours. Dangerous driving condition.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Jul 072013

ES 350

Dashboard is melting. Causing a dangerous glare from sunlight, other driver's headlights, and street lights.

- Westminster, CA, USA

Aug 012013

ES 350

The plastic clips that attach the driver's side window broke, causing the window to jump out of the track. There are hundreds of complaints on Lexus owner forums in regards to this issue with 2007-2008 ES350 models. Lexus even realizes there is an issue because they put out a safety bulletin (L-sb-0003-09) about this problem. The manufacturer is forcing the consumer to purchase an entire new window in order to fix their faulty design. We are very fortunate that this issue did not occur while driving down the highway or an accident may have occurred. I would a company who's slogan is "the pursuit of perfection" to stand up and admit that they have an issue.

- Cullman, AL, USA

Jun 162012

ES 350 6-cyl

My right headlight began to flicker and did so for several weeks, then the left one started to do the same thing. Now they both completely shut off when I'm driving. I need to turn them on and off several times before they come back on. This is not only frightening, but extremely dangerous. Makes me afraid to drive after dusk. To add to the matter...... recently, my passenger side window fell off of the track. My husband was able to manipulate the window to get it to stay up...but now I am unable to use that window. This week my driver side window has done the same thing. When a window falls out of it's track it is totally unexpected and causes a major distraction...especially when it's right next to you on the driver's side! one more item...... now my sideview mirrors change position while I'm driving. I couldn't understand why when I was driving I could no longer view vehicles in the lanes next to me and then I realized my mirrors had changed. Again, a safety issue because now I need to readjust my mirrors while I'm driving. I can't believe this is the quality of a Lexus! what's next"??"

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Dec 212011

ES 350

While driving down the road at varying speeds I have noticed that the outside mirrors on my car change position without any input on the switch. During the week or so prior to the first time that this occurred, I had noticed that when returning to the car after leaving it parked overnight that the mirrors, selecting the memory switch would return the seat and mirrors to their preset position. However this has now progressed to where the mirrors will change position while the vehicle is in motion. The driver's mirror will not change position dramatically, however the passenger side mirror will frequently tilt up to nearly the full extent of its' travel and without any warning or input from the driver. This has led to several occasions where a quick glance, especially at night, did not show an obstruction on the passenger side of the car and nearly led to an accident. Pressing the memory recall button numerous times will eventually bring the mirror back to the set memory position. This is a safety hazard and I would like my vehicle to be repaired.

- Springboro, OH, USA

May 172012

ES 350 6-cyl

While driving my 2007 ES 350 I attempted to let my passenger side front window down and when I tried to let it up it wouldn't go up at first then it came up off track upon letting it up.

- Brandon, MS, USA