2007 Lexus ES 350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus ES 350:

2007 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Jul 062016

ES 350

The engine makes a ticking noise at startup because of defective vvt-I gears. Lexus is aware of the issue (SB0028-09R2) but refuses to issue a recall for the problem. The problem can cause the car to suddenly lose all power while driving leading to a crash.

- New Haven, CT, USA

Aug 042015

ES 350 6-cyl

Over the last couple of years, at least 7 times, I have had my car stay running while I am at a restaurant or when I return home. I park outside and at least 3 times over the last 6 years neighbors have called and said did you know that your car engine was running. About three weeks ago, in early August, I was at a restaurant in clinton, New York where the car was running on the street several blocks away for the whole time we were in the restaurant. Each time I thought I'd put my foot on the brake and pushed in the button to shut off the car. I am so glad that you are investigating this. If I had an interior garage where I parked at my home, I could have killed people with the build up of the carbon monoxide. I can't see why Toyota can't have a blinking light when the car is on or have the car automatically cut off after a few minutes. One other thing, is that my car, which I love, runs so quietly, that it is almost impossible to hear the engine when it is idling. Thank you so much for investigating this serious issue.

- Washington , DC, USA

May 122014

ES 350 6-cyl

Oil dumped out crossing a very long bridge & engine froze up/steering hard to control...due to a defective vvti_oil hose rupturing..both Lexus & Toyota were aware of this problem & had issued a "limited service campaign" that ended on March 31, 2013..both refused to fix my car that with rental cars, cost me aprox. $7,000..this was a rubber hose, that both mfgs. Knew about and both co.continued to replace these faulty hoses, with another "rubber hose", even tho' there was & still is a metal hose that is recommended!! I had posted this problem with ya'll, shortly after, but, do not find records of.. but, approx. 2 weeks ago, I received a notification from Lexus stating, " they had decided to re-open this "limited service campaign" to extend to Dec. 31, 2021..a day too late & alot of $$$$& time spent..even tho' Lexus said they would consider reimbursement on cars, like mine that already had been repaired. Lexus is only doing this, again, because I am 100% sure that all the many many Lexus & Toyota car owners that had their hoses replaced back in 2013 and prior are now experiencing what I had to go thru: Engine died, almost ran off the bridge and spent weeks without a car..had to rent. I ask for you to please go back and research this faulty vvti_oil hose on both Lexus & toyata cars..there are thousands, especially with Toyota!!! all you have to do is google vvti-oil hose and you will see.. thank you in advance!!

- Santa Rosa Beach, FL, USA

Apr 032014

ES 350 6-cyl

Low oil light came on..still had 400 miles on sticker..took to Lexus dealer, advised them I noticed oil leaks on my driveway& please check any problems with why my light should be on..Lexus changed oil, filter &inspection..said all is good..3 weeks later less than 2 blocks from home..engine oil light came on, stopped to turn onto my road.low oil pressure, than hit driveway vsc on..there have been numerous complaints w/both Lexus & Toyota ( service campaign 923 lsc 9lh). My engine is now ruined.cost est to repair..$6,000 to $10,000. Purchashed from a Toyota dealer..neither the Lexus dealership nor the Toyota dealership are willing to help..both are aware of this plastic..vvti oil hose and has replaced with a metal line..on later models....I have had the car for 93 days. I also have the accelerator issue (sticking)..not told this when I purchased car and faulty passenger air bags and faulty brake pads..this is not only total dishonesty, but had I been on a long bridge that I had just crossed..I would have driven off the bridge, as the steering locked up!! please any help/assistance will be appreciated.I am having to rent a car, as I work on the road every day..I thank you so very much, in advance!! blessings

- Santa Rosa Beach, FL, USA

Apr 042014

ES 350

Check engine and vsc lights were displayed at 54,000 miles. Error codes indicated ignition coil. This issues has been reported multiple times for the 07 ES 350 and 08 gs. This is a clear defect and it should be replaced via a recall.

- Columbia, MD, USA