2007 Lexus ES 350 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus ES 350:

2007 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Feb 012016

ES 350

Air conditioning evaporator is leaking.

- Hanford, CA, USA

Dec 112015

ES 350

Melting dash. Dash is chipping away also and is sticky and when touched, leaves black residue on whatever touches it. Gives off a blinding glare at certain times.

- Hildebran, NC, USA

Nov 022015

ES 350

When turning, the 'door open' light comes on and all four doors unlock. This has been happening for about 2 weeks. Before this, only light will come.

- Norwalk, CA, USA

Apr 232015

ES 350

I was driving and pulled up next to another car as I pulled off the highway, when the driver motioned to me for directions I immediately tried to rolled the window down to speak to rge person. The passenger side window makes a popping sound and sounds like it jumps out of the track. This prevent opening and closing the window. I just purchased the car from jm Lexus and now told. Have to pay over $800 to repair it. I had a bad experience with the salesman when we made the purchase which made me swear off purchasing another vehicle through them or even recommendibg them. This is my third purchase through them I should have listened to my instinct.. I parked my car in parking garage or on the street. When I return I noticed the interior dash melts and peels when the temperature raises.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jan 012013

ES 350

Melting dashboard-have asked it to be replaced several times. The first couple of times I was told it wasn't covered. Yesterday I was told it is covered but could take years to get the parts in. I've been asking about it for several years and now the reflection from the gooey melting dash is obscuring my visibility on sunny days. I live in Florida so most days are sunny days. Nothing has happened yet but I don't want to wait for a crash to get it repaired.

- Largo, FL, USA

Sep 092013

ES 350

The button on the deck lid to open had become very sticky as if melted also the steering wheel has the same problem. It is as if the coating on both has become like putty.

- Elon, NC, USA

Jul 012015

ES 350

While sitting at stop light heard grinding noise and upon turning at traffic light steam like smoke left hood. As I pulled over it looked to be engine coolant.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Jul 272015

ES 350

For the past 3 years, my vehicle's dashboard has been melting, causing a sticky, shiny film on the dashboard. This defect is a major hazard as it creates a reflection from the dashboard, not allowing me to properly have a clear view while operating my vehicle. The defect limits me from taking long trips on the road, as I am afraid that I will not be able to see due to the reflection in my eyes.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Aug 022013

ES 350

The dashboard and door panels are melting. Top of dashboard is so shiny it causes visual disturbance. Was advised months ago by Lexus that recall is impending

- Plantation, FL, USA

May 082015

ES 350

Front passenger side window came off track while driving---window was not being opened or closed/there was a loud sound & when I pulled over window was off track/took vehicle to dealer (non Lexus) where I purchased car & was told a click that is on window broke & entire window needs replacing/I searched the web & discovered other owners have had the same problem

- Concord, NC, USA

Aug 012012

ES 350 6-cyl

Dashboard is melting, very severe. Not only a visibility issue with the glare but it is now dripping into the start engine button which could lead to electrical problems and become even more of a safety issue. Lexus dealer said he would submit pictures and get back with me. It has been about 10 days and no word yet.

- Ruskin, FL, USA

Sep 072011

ES 350 6-cyl

This complaint is not about the vehicle but about the process that Lexus has regarding safety recalls. This recall was during 2009. I read about it in the newspaper, called Lexus and was told it did not pertain to me. Many months later I received the recall letter saying my vehicle is affected, and this concerned me about Lexus' records and recall system. I had my vehicle corrected. Approx six months later, and again about a year afterwards, I received a similar recall letters saying Lexus' records reflect I need to have this safety condition corrected. When I called both times, they verified that I had already done this correction. When I questioned them, they said to just "ignore the letter and throw it away". I question the accuracy and the whole records keeping system by Lexus, and respectfully request that their system be officially reviewed. Recalls pertain to safety and I don't feel Lexus has a good handle on this.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jun 062010

ES 350

My problem is with the front drivers window and the passenger front window coming off track and the window attachments breaking. Lexus fixed the drivers window and now the same thing has happened to the passenger window. Is this a common problem that the dealer should recall

- Baldwin Harbor, NY, USA

Jun 062010

- Baldwin Harbor, NY, USA

Jun 162010

ES 350

In 2007, I purchased a new 2007 model Lexus ES 350 4 door sedan. Shortly after I purchased the vehicle, I noticed that when the accelerator was lifted and the car was downshifting and braking by the engine (the brake not being depressed), at one point the car continued forward for a time rather than continue to being braked by the engine. This condition has continued in spite my calling it to the attention of the Lexus dealer in new orleans on several occasions, the first being shortly after I purchased the car, and the latest being on June 16th of this year. In each instance, I was told by the dealer that the car had no problems. The problem is not a rapid surge, but rather a sudden and unexpected moving forward in gear instead of a continuous downshifting and resulting braking when the car has been driven at about 30 to 40 mph and the accelerator is lifted. This problem does not occur in every instance when the accelerator is lifted, but in traffic when the driver expects the car to slow itself the sudden forward movement, instead of a continuous slowing, is dangerous. The acceleration problem appears to be a fault of the car's electronic control system. I also called to the attention of the dealer the fact that when the car is braked, the car does stop but if pressure is continued to be placed on the brake pedal, the pedal goes all the way to the floor. This has not caused an accident to date, but it does require the driver to pump the brake pedal to make certain that the car will stop. Each time this is done, the brake pedal catches midway to the floor. Again, I was told that this was not a problem. I register these two issues as potential causes of accidents and as complaints on my part.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Jun 152007

ES 350

New car less then 1 mo. Old wife and I noticed accelaration surges. Reported to dealer. Dealer stated transmisson is adjusting to drivers. Dealer adjusts, no new parts. Surge still happens, once in a while, not alot. At low speeds 20 to 30 mph

- Revere, MA, USA

Nov 132009

ES 350

Consumer believes that the unintended acceleration is caused by an electrical problem.

- Unknown, DC, USA

Jul 162008

ES 350

Bluetooth disconnects all the time, apparently, due to interference from other vehicles. Connect function is disabled while the car is moving. This makes one to use phone holding it to the ear, causing a risk of police persecution, as well as safety hazard.

- Granite Bay, CA, USA