2007 Lexus ES 350 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus ES 350:

2007 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Dec 312011

ES 350 6-cyl

I had a new mastercraft tire (215/55R17 touring lsr) installed on the passenger front side of the car on novemeber 17, 2011. On December 31, a car wash attendent notified me that I had a bubble on the sidewall of above tire. I was told by the installer of the tire that it was probably due to some kind of impact to the tire. Professional opinions found on the internet indicate that although sidewall separation/bubbles can occur from curbs and road hazards, it also "may be due to component contamination of incomplete bonding during manufacturing." It is said that this is most likely to be seen "within the first sx months of use." ( as a consumer, I have no way of knowing the real cause of this failure. And I'm not sure how dangerous it is to continue to drive using this tire. Once the tire is removed and replaced I will have no way of ever knowing if this was my fault or a manufacturing defect. For this reason I am hesitating to have the tire replaced immediately. Please advise.

- La Palma, CA, USA