NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2008 Lexus ES 350 (Page 1 of 5)

2008 Lexus ES 350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus ES 350:

2008 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Jan 132017

ES 350

Takata recall was told by the dealer that fix will not be available until mid 2017. Unacceptable for a safety issue.

- Temple City, CA, USA

Jan 122017

ES 350

Takata recall - have contacted our Lexus dealership for 1-1/2 yrs. According to your site and the dealership no Lexus air bags have been repaired. Since age is the critical factor, older cars should be repaired first. When can we expect our 2008 car to be repaired" why have Lexus dealerships not received any replacement part"

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

ES 350

Takata recall. I am filing this complaint because the amount of time taken by takata and Lexus is in excess of the amount of time that should be allowed for this kind of safety matter. I submitted a written request to the dealer, westside Lexus, houston, tx. And have made several phone calls, including one today, in October, 2016 I was informed that the replacement might be available in December, 2016 or January, 2017. Today, I was told that they could not give me a date and it was in the government's hands as to when takata would send the parts to them for the replacement. I live in a hot and humid area of the U.S. where an earlier safety incident is likely to occur. I am requesting governmental assistance to rectify this matter as soon as possible. The problem was not due to any fault on my part it was a manufacturing mistake with fatal consequences. Takata has installed thousands of new airbags in new Toyota and Lexus vehicles but has not provided a replacement for my model to the dealer. It is now 8 months since the recall was made. I am requesting the government require priority for distribution to dealers for replacement or reasonable compensation to customers who have been disadvantaged due to takata's unreasonable delay.

- Houston, TX, USA

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES 350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Camarillo, CA, USA

Jul 012016

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Jun 012016

ES 350

I was advised last year (mid 2015) that the front airbags would need to be replaced but as yet no recall has actually taken place. I called the Lexus dealership and there recommendation was 'not allow any persons to ride as a passenger in the front seat'. I told them I was a realtor and he said 'have them sit in the back seat, you can be the chauffeur'. not much of a recommendation if you ask me!! all I want is to get the air bags replaced.

- Houston, TX, USA

ES 350

Takata recall. Preliminary notice of recall issued by Lexus May 23, 2016. Since that time no further update received or action noted. This does not seem to be a timely follow-up. Local Lexus dealer was most unhelpful about this issue. Alternative vehicle not available.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Jun 242016

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rosedale, MD, USA

May 022016

ES 350

The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Newport Beach, CA, USA

Jun 092016

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Elgin, TX, USA

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lithia, FL, USA

Jul 012016

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES350. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Jun 092016

ES 350

Takata recall "recall incomplete remedy not yet available" as a result of this recall our passenger seat is not available for safe Transport of passengers.

- Masassas, VA, USA

May 302016

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES350. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received in May. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rio Verde, AZ, USA

Dec 152016

ES 350

Potentially fatal hazard regarding the airbag inflator has been identified since May 2016. There is still no remedy as of December 15, 2016. Lexus and takata are not doing all that that should be required to do in a timely matter. This is a matter of safety and life.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 142016

ES 350

Takata recall - I received my recall notice in July 2016 telling me not to allow any front seat passengers to ride in my car due to the airbag safety issues. It has been almost six months and I still can't use the passenger seat in my car. I asked the dealer to disable the airbag but they said they cannot legally do that. So now, I have a car which is only partially usable. If I have someone ride with me I have them sit in the back seat due to the danger. It is a little weird having co-workers or clients sit in the back of my car. This changes my use of the car substantially. I have been told it may be summer of 2017 before the replacement airbag will be available. That is not a timely fix to this very dangerous situation. If takata can't make the airbags in a timely manner can't they subcontract the work out to someone who can do the job? very frustrated. Please do something to hurry this along so that I can fully use my car again.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Dec 112016

ES 350

Problem identified in may of 2016 has yet to be rectified as of December 2016. This does not qualify as " timely" resolution of the problem. My car poses a hazard to me and passengers and is far less marketable in this condition.

- Murphy, NC, USA

Dec 112016

ES 350

Takata recall - after almost 2 years, Lexus has not provided a recall for the defected airbags in my vehicle.

- Palmetto, GA, USA

ES 350

Takata recall - I was contacted by the car dealership on May 23, 2016, that our car had defective air bags and would be notified when a remedy was available. After seven months of waiting to hear when the remedy would be available, I called the dealership on Nov.01,2016, to inquire when the problem would be fixed. The answer was "we don't know, but we think parts will be available in late December 2016. I have read that some 90% of Honda cars with the same airbag problem, have been repaired. Seven months of having to drive an unsafe Lexus product seems totally excessive and irresponsible. More accurate fix dates and alternatives should be provided to the vehicle owner by the dealership.

- Richardson, TX, USA

Jun 102016

ES 350

''takata recall'' I have asked cool springs Lexus dealer to replace my air bag and he tells me he don't know when it will be done.I can not afford to buy a new car. The dealer is at cool springs brentwood tn. Thank you.joanne pembleton E-mail tookerbb30@comcast.net

- Brentwood, TN, USA