2012 Lexus ES 350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lexus ES 350:

2012 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Oct 162015

ES 350

Was moving slowly in traffic heading toward an intersection (around 15 miles per hour). When I tried to accelerate when two cars in front of me went through the intersection, my car zoomed to around 60 miles per hour (felt like the accelerator went limp). I pumped the power brakes and they would not hold (per Lexus because the car was going to fast for the air brakes). I went through an intersection and swerved around a car and was heading too fast in the lane of traffic that I was going to hit the car in front of me. I turned quickly into a parking lot looking for a place to crash the car because I could not stop it. A car approached me coming in the other end of the parking lot, and I slammed on the brake. When I did that the zoom went out of the car, and the brake held. There were 2 adults and 2 children in that car. (weather conditions were good during this driving period).

- Anna, OH, USA

Jan 242013

ES 350

The contact owns a 2012 Lexus ES350. The contact stated that while attempting to enter a parking space, the vehicle exhibited an abnormal noise as the accelerator pedal traveled to the floorboard unusually. The contact was unable to stop the vehicle and crashed into a restraining wall. The contact was reported injured. The vehicle was towed to a dealer, but had not been inspected. A police report was not filed. The contact stated that he had not experienced the failure prior to the crash. The failure and the current mileages were 7,000.

- Burridge, IL, USA