2013 Lexus ES 350 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lexus ES 350:

2013 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Jul 212015

ES 350 6-cyl

This is the second time in two years the battery has died on this car. The first time was August 2014, just one month past the car one year mark. The second, that is why I am writing this complaint, is almost one year to the day of the last battery failure. While the first may be written off as a bad battery, I do not believe in coincidences and feel there is an electrical problem with this car. I have seen other complaints on-line so I think there is something more to this problem than just bad batteries...updated 09/03/15 updated 12/4/2015

- Townsend, DE, USA

Oct 292013

ES 350

I purchased this vehicle brand new from sewell Lexus in ft. Worth Texas in September 2013. Shortly there after in late October, I went to start my vehicle which is parked in my garage. The car would not start, dead battery. I jump started it and it started right away. This has happened six total times in the past year. This mainly happens when the car sits for more than 2-3 days in my garage. I have never let the car sit more than 5 days, but when I do let it sit for 3-5 days, the battery is dead. Current mileage is around 4200. I took it to the dealer in Sep. 2014. Dealer could not find an issue and said the battery is fine. 2 weeks after I left the dealer, my vehicle battery died again. Dealer recommended a new battery. A new aftermarket battery (interstate) was put in the vehicle. 2 weeks after the new battery was installed, my car would not start again. The car has no aftermarket parts, accessories, or remote start. I took the car back to the original dealer and they cannot seem to find the problem. Sewell Lexus contacted Lexus about this, and Lexus advised them they are aware of this problem with my model year vehicle and they believe it is an unknown computer part randomly turning on and draining the battery. They said this mainly happens with vehicles sitting for a few days. They said they do not have a current fix for the car. The dealer recommended installing a battery tender in my car. Too which, I declined as it does me no good to have that installed if I am on vacation, parked at the airport, ect. I am requesting a new car as I believe this car is a lemon and or refund my money due to they cannot fix my car. I still do not have my car and I am awaiting Lexus to complete their investigation.

- San Angelo, TX, USA