6.9

2013 Lexus ES 350 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lexus ES 350:

2013 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Jan 202016

ES 350

On 1/20/16 I was driving back to work around 12:30 in the afternoon and I heard a loud pop. At the time I though something had hit my car or windshield, although I had not seen anything fly up at the window. Once I arrived at work I got out of the car to check my windows and to see if there was any damage to the body of the car. I did not see any. The following morning, travelling on the highway on my way to work I noticed a wind sound throughout the car. I thought maybe one of my windows was down. I checked all remaining windows and they were all up. When I stopped at a stop light, the sound stopped. At that moment I thought my sunroof somehow may have opened by accident. I pulled the cloth cover that covers the sunroof and noticed the damage. The sunroof had exploded. The glass was also pointed upward. Had something like a rock fallen on it, it would have been pointed downward and there was no rock to be found by the auto body shop that will be fixing my vehicle. The auto body shop had see it before and told me to contact you and the Lexus dealership directly. I also have found numerous articles on line about this.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Nov 302013

ES 350

It was a sunny Saturday morning. At approximately 9:30 am, my wife was driving on a residential street at about 35 mph., less than one (1) mile from home. Suddenly, the car jolted and rapidly began to accelerate. It kept increasing speed. She than hit the brakes. The car wouldn't stop and continued to increase speed. The car speed exceeded 70 mph. Fortunately, there were no parked cars or pedestrians. She then moved the gear shift up into park. The car still wouldn't stop. She was approaching the intersection of the service road to the long island expressway. She continued to hold her foot on the brake pedal, but the car continued to speed. Fortunately, there were no oncoming vehicles. Desperately, she pulled the gear shift down, she wasn't sure if it was in neutral or drive, and the car finally stopped. It stopped one half block before the service road, where she surely would have been involved in a serious accident. When I visited the scene, there were tire skid marks along the street.

- Melville, NY, USA