2007 Lexus GS 350 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus GS 350:

2007 Lexus GS 350 Owner Comments

Jul 252010

GS 350

While driving down the road at varying speeds I have noticed that the outside mirrors on my car change position without any input on the switch. During the week or so prior to the first time that this occurred, I had noticed that when returning to the car after leaving it parked overnight that the mirrors, and often the driver's seat would be out of their set memory position. Selecting the memory switch would return the seat and mirrors to their preset position. However this has now progressed to where the mirrors will change position while the vehicle is in motion. The driver's mirror will not change position dramatically, however the passenger side mirror will frequently tilt up to nearly the full extent of its' travel and without any warning or input from the driver. This has led to several occasions where a quick glance, especially at night, did not show an obstruction on the passenger side of the car and nearly led to an accident. I have complained twice about this to one Lexus dealer, tri county Lexus, and once to another Lexus dealer, Lexus store of lexington. Neither claimed to be able to duplicate the problem, but I did point out to the Lexus store of lexington when I picked my car up that the passenger mirror was tilted fully up and therefore useless to view the side of the vehicle. As I have pointed out to both dealers, pressing the memory recall button numerous times will eventually bring the mirror back to the set memory position. Now that the vehicle has passed its' 50,000 mile new car warranty Lexus claims no further responsibility for this or several other concerns which I raised during the warranty period, one of which I just paid $569 for out of pocket to repair. This is a safety hazard and I would like my vehicle to be repaired.

- Englewood, NJ, USA