1.3

2008 Lexus GS 450h engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus GS 450h:

2008 Lexus GS 450h Owner Comments

Nov 052015

GS 450h

After having the camshaft timing gear replaced due to the recall, I noticed my car was burning a lot of oil but there was no leak. My car would be out of oil 1,800 mile prior to me next oil change and I would need to add 2 quarts of oil to my car. When I brought the car in to be looked at, I was told that there was oil seepage in the timing chain area which is a $3,500 repair. The more I research, the more I'm finding that people are stating this is related to the recall performed.

- Chicago, IL, USA