2016 Lexus GX 460 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Lexus GX 460:

2016 Lexus GX 460 Owner Comments

Sep 302016

GX 460

My wife reported sudden acceleration within seconds of pulling out of our driveway. No traffic, flat surface, daytime, good driving conditions. She says the car suddenly accelerated while approaching stop sign/T-intersection and brakes did not work. Car hit curb during abrupt left turn blowing out tire, then hit fire hydrant which it dragged before stopping. Toyota conducted edr readout and says they test drove the car. 6 weeks later they said no defects found. I requested an explanation of edr - but I have not received. Based on my wife's immediate and clear observations of event and the edr report I am not convinced. For example - edr shows accelerator was depressed 100% for 3.5 seconds with no brake pressure - yet car did not speed up, and actually slowed slightly to about 20 mph; 2.5 sec. Into acceleration event car mysteriously shifted into park. Need explanation how that happened, or if even possible. Zero chance my wife shifted it.. the last second of the recorded event both brake and accelerator were depressed 100% - wife says no way she used two feet. RPM went from 3,600 to 5,900 and car kept moving forward with 100% brake pressure report - report ends at car still going 8.7 mph. Toyota says car was "test driven" and no defects found - yet the car has been undriveable since the accident (I.e.- missing a tire). Lots of questions, getting no answers and reasonable assumptions/observations and edr makes no sense of

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 222016

GX 460

I purchased this Lexus 2016 GX460 when it was new. After coming to a complete stop at a traffic light on a city street and with the vehicle still in drive and brakes applied, the brakes release slightly after 10-20 seconds, just enough to allow the car to creep forward. The Lexus dealership claims not to have heard of this problem, yet they told me to wait until I have 5,000 miles on the odometer and then bring it back for maintenance. I don't know why they're unfamiliar with the problem; there are many comments on Lexus forums about it happening to other owners.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA