2.8

2006 Lexus IS 250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Jan 272014

IS 250

Takata recall I have yet to have my airbag replaced it has been 6 months since the letter notification was sent out. I no longer feel safe driving the car with the possibility of the air bag going off during a collision and sending shrapnel in any direction. Dash board recall I have been on the wait list for almost 2 years and my dash board has yet to be replaced. The dash board has been getting worse every month. The dash board has become so shiny its almost impossible to drive the car on sunny days.

- Van Nuys, CA, USA

Aug 132016

IS 250

I have been on a 3 year wait list for Lexus to replace my dash and door panels among other recalls I live in Louisiana my car is now totaled I live in gonzales la and lost everything due to the flood it really upsets me knowing that not only my Lexus parts were melting on myself and my child I also have a latex allergy now I get book value for a car and that's one less vehicle Lexus has to fix I should be given the value of the replacement parts driving a unsafe vehicle with so many defects I have contacted im insurance company and was told to contact Lexus ha I've tried that before but I've paid for a vehicle that melted on me and my disabled child for years this is wrong on so many levels and the lastest airbag recall but to Lexus I am just another number so do I contact a attorney for what's rightfully owed to me by Lexus ?

- Gonzales, LA, USA

Jul 012014

IS 250

Melting dashboard. Shortly after purchasing my Lexus IS250, I was contacted by Lexus informing me that they would be repairing their melting interior panels. It has been over a year and despite several attempts to get the repair completed have been told that I am on the list to be contacted. I have still not been contacted to have this repair completed. It makes it extremely difficult to see during daylight.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 252016

IS 250

My entire dash board is melting. The door panels have melted in some areas and cracked in others. Car is in excellent condition and wanted to sell it but no one wld even look at it with a sticky dashboard that is melting and door panels that all cracking off. Lexus says they are not responsible because it is out of warranty. They will discount the replacement of the dashboard at an exuberant charge! this is a manufacture defect

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jan 022014

IS 250

I am the recipient of a minimum of (2) warranty enhancement program notices - zld regarding any cracked and/or sticky/melting dashboards and front & rear interior door panels. The dealership has indicated to me that the parts are on national backorder yet I have been waiting for more than 20 months for this repair. The material is now falling off my car when the doors close and is also coming off on my hands and clothing. The dealership continues to state month after month that I am 13th in line for the dashboard replacement with absolutely no movement from the 13th position, again, after months in the same position. Dealership indicates there is no position on the door panels as they've received no materials to date. How much longer will I have to wait before the repairs are completed? I am quite concerned that the secondary coverage (extension) provided in the letter is about to expire in less than 6 months at which point I will be stuck with the mess and the repair cost.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Jun 182016

IS 250

Is 250 dash has melted and creates harsh glare and reflects into the windshield blocking the view out the front (see the attached picture in which the gooey surface of the dash is blocking the view of other vehicles on the road) when driving East or West towards the sun making it dangerous to drive. The problem is worst on hot days when the dash becomes more tacky, gooey, and reflective. The dash also seems to off gas and create a haze that builds on the windshield. Toyota is replacing some off the dashes and interiors through a "warranty enhancement" but will not replace mine because the vehicle has been in a wreck, had an insurance claim, and been repaired. This voids their "enhancement". the issue is present on many Lexus vehicles, though and can be a hazard. They will not fix my vehicle because this issue is not yet a recall. I am worried about not being able to see out of the vehicle well.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Jul 012015

IS 250

Dashboard and door panels are liquefying. The melting dashboard Is creating a haze on the windshield that's obtrusive for safe driving. The door panels are cracking every where.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Nov 032014

IS 250

The dashboard of my 2006 Lexus IS250 Is slowly melting and becoming sticky. Unfortunately as it has, deteriorated the dashboard really reflects the light, so much so that it becomes blinding at times. I have not treated my dash with any chemicals or cleaners this Is a known problem among Lexus owners, it just at times becomes very worrisome since the glare from the dash onto my windshield becomes blinding at times if the light hits it right.

- Ewing, NJ, USA

Jul 012013

IS 250

Dash Is very sticky, this causes a visually impairing glare during the daytime. The glare Is so bad that sometimes you cannot see the car in front of you without wearing sunglasses.

- Fort Myers Beach, FL, USA

May 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

The material on the front dashboard and front door sides Is softening and melting. It Is extremely worse during the summer season. It leaves an adhesive type residue on everything that touches it.

- Harvey, LA, USA