3.3

2007 Lexus IS 250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus IS 250:

2007 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Jul 012014

IS 250

Approximately 2 years ago my entire dash board and side panels started to melt. I have contacted Lexus and they continue to say they are waiting on the manufacturer for parts. I live in marrero Louisiana with extremely high humidity and temperatures. This has been a safety hazard. When the sun hits my windshield, the glare from hitting the melted dash completely blinds me. I have to lean to the right side just to see out of my windshield. It is melted to the point of it being untouchable without getting sticky glue on your hands. Anything that rubs against the side door panels creates grooves and marks because it's like clay. Now theres a recall with the takata inflators in the front passenger airbag which really concerns me because its affected by high temperatures and humidity causes degrading of the part. Since my dash board is completely melted to the consistency of hot glue, I can't imagine that helps with my airbag situation either. I have been contacting Lexus for the past 2 years with no luck. If I should have an accident due to the dash glare, I will expect to have the production company held accountable. Any help you can offer with getting this message across to anyone at this point would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Jun 012016

IS 250

The dashboard has a sticky film. It also has become reflective resulting in difficulty seeing out of the windshield thus making driving dangerous in bright, sunny weather. It has been this way for a couple of years, but recently, the dash has become more reflective.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

May 052014

IS 250

My dashboard is melting. It's melting so bad this is safety issue in my opinion. When sun is shining outside around noon, reflection from melted dashboard is so bad on windshield, you can't even see it. If this leads to an accident, I'll surely sue Lexus for this.

- Weston, FL, USA

Mar 202016

IS 250

Vsc light, check engine light, traction control light all came on at the same time. PO303 cylinder 3 misfire detected. Have saw online many people complaining of the same problem. Engine is shaky during idle or shaky when its cold. Previous owned a 2009 Lexus IS250 and had the same problem. Heard of some people saying Lexus dealers took cars in and had problem fixed as recall. Not finding any recalls for my car. My mechanic says its a good running car, but something doesn't feel right.

- Bridgeport, OH, USA

Jul 012015

IS 250

My dashboard Is sticky and melting and when the sun shines it causes a glare. It Is worse in warmer weather.

- Williamston, SC, USA

Jun 012012

IS 250

Melting dashboard reflect sunlight on windshield which Is blinding at times. Also melting doors stain and ruin clothes. Vsc sensors also stay on even after dealership "repair" they recommend replacing transmission @$5K but no guarantee problem will be solved.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 012014

IS 250

I purchased my 2007 Lexus Is 250 in 2010. Over the last year the dashboard has melted to the point to where it is untouchable and obstructs the vision in my view from the sun glaring against the melted dash. My door are also soft and crumble to the touch of fingernails, keys, rubbing of any kind. I have contacted Lexus and was told I will be put on the list for recall but they cannot give me a time frame of when the recall will take place. When I drive, I can barely see the the glare it causes in my view of the windshield so it is very dangerous at this point. It is also impossible to clean, towels and paper towels will stick to the dash into the gluey substance.

- Marrero, LA, USA

Jan 072015

IS 250

The front dashboard is melting from the sun also the door handles are breaking in pieces.its there a re-call on this particular situation.also the dashboard and the doors are very sticky.

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 022015

IS 250

The dashboard on the car is melted. The melted surface reflects the sunlight and causes a glare directly into the driver's eyes while driving. The effects of melted rubber on the air inside the cabin is unknown, but worrisome.

- Miami Lakes, FL, USA

Sep 182015

IS 250

My husband was driving on I 295 in Maryland, when the car suddenly shutdown. He stated he was going approximately 55 miles per hour and was fortunate enough to be able to maneuver from the middle lane to the side of the road. This is not the first time the vehicle shutdown completely. The previous incidents occurred after stopping at a stop sign or signal. The vehicle has been to the Lexus dealership in Maryland for repairs, but each time(at least 4 now) within a 6-7 days, the vehicle shuts down. These incidents did not start until after the dealership took care of the fuel recall, April of 2015.

- Nottingham, MD, USA

Jul 292011

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard and door material melt/are melting. If the car is not in the garage the dashboard/door material will be sticky to the touch. Dashboard area has melted and reflects on the mirror as a glare. Issue continues to get worse over time and the lining of the doors is peeling. This affects the doors which have the same material as the dashboard.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Aug 012012

IS 250 6-cyl

Melting dashboard - can simply stick a fingernail in it and it leaves an indentation. I noticed that others have complained of this problem also. It's also very sticky anywhere along the leather on the doors and dashboard. Also, my car Is only 7 years old and a year ago the touch screen went out. I cannot use the gps at all. Apparently the cost Is about $1,000 to fix this. Seems rediculous that this would happen after only 7 years. This should be guaranteed for life!

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jul 282014

IS 250 6-cyl

I have a 2007 Lexus IS250 in which the dashboard and side door molding are melting causing the rubber to come off the dashboard. There has been numerous complaints from Lexus owners that they are having the same issue. Investigator reporter for channel 6 in miami has file a complaint agains Toyota and Lexus to make this a mandatory recall to fix this items, Toyota is aware but they do not want to replace the dashboards unless we pay $900 for the repairs. If they know there is an issue they need to fix it instead of charging the consumer for there mistake.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Aug 172009

IS 250

Written description is in letter form attached to complaint.

- Kerrville, TX, USA