NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2007 Lexus IS 250 (Page 1 of 3)

2007 Lexus IS 250 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus IS 250:

2007 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jun 212016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus Is 250. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. VIN tool confirms parts not yet available. The VIN was not available.

- Sandy Springs, GA, USA

Jun 092016

IS 250

Takata recall it has been since May 2016 that Lexus knew that our airbag(s) had been recalled. We were notified with an update on June 9, 2016 that they would fix this but did not have a remedy yet. This was over 6 months ago and we are still unable to have passengers ride in the front seat of our car. This Is extremely disappointing and it Is not acceptable for a remedy to take so long to occur- even if the takata recall affected many vehicles.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Aug 152016

Takata recall

- Mint Hill, NC, USA

Jan 122017

IS 250

Takata recall I am getting very concerned about the replacement date for this recall. I feel like we have been patient, but it has been well over a year. I spoke with our local dealership today. I had to tell them that my letter stated that we are in zone B. apparently, zone B is currently being repaired. However, they had no idea when I might receive the letter that the repair was available in our area. I realize this was a very large recall, but I am very concerned about the safety of my family. The dealership stated that 'humid' areas were being replaced first because they were having most of the issues with injuries... I have not seen anything that stated that humidity had anything to do with the horrible things that are happening with the airbag deployment. Thankfully we have had no accidents at this time. But, I would really like to know at least a timeframe for replacement.... and know that it was being done in the very near future.

- Firestone, CO, USA

Jan 152016

IS 250

Vehicle's passenger airbag has still not been fixed. Lexus dealer is telling me they can't order the replacement airbag and have no remedy for the problem. I was notified over a year ago about this recall. My vehicle was purchased in Alabama and is considered a zone a vehicle. I currently live in Texas which is also zone a.

- Harker Heights, TX, USA

Dec 282016

IS 250

Takata recall need to knkw when we can remedy the problem with the airbag propellant (G2H)

- Yakima, WA, USA

May 232016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dec 022014

IS 250

The recall for cars in high humidity states are suppose to have high priority to get driver side airbag replace. We live in such a area with high temps and humidity. We were notified May 23rd, 2016 we had this recall and they would schedule a time and date. As of December 10, 2016 still waiting. Please assist with getting proper authorities schedule date to fix asap!!!!. this is a nation wide recall

- Cummings, GA, USA

May 012016

IS 250

The passenger side airbag has been recalled for sometime ( I got the recall in May 2016) there is no fix yet available. I would like the air bag shut off until they have a replacement. My concerns: 1. I live in pa which has the highest reported deer strikes in the country. The odds of a deer hitting my car and causing the airbag to deploy are pretty high. 2. air bags recalled degrade over time- this is a 2007 car 3. the car is small and distance from passenger from driver side- minimal- if the bag deploys I am in the range of shrapnel 4. the dealer states it is the policy of Lexus that they will not deactivate the bags, but I would sign a release of liability and continue to not allow a front passenger 5. there are so many people in this situation, and there are cases where people waiting for the recall have been seriously injured by the airbags! please consider a policy helping me and so many others who are waiting for a fix have some control over the situation!

- Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

May 152016

IS 250

The dashboard Is cracked, melted, and sticky. I had to cover it up with a new material for cosmetic reason. Also, value of the car decreased by $1000 dollars for the damage. Second, there Is a lot of creaking in the car. Third, the alternator died at 120,00 miles.

- Saint Cloud, MN, USA

Nov 282016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sylmar, CA, USA

Jun 152016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus Is 250. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Aug 012016

IS 250

Takata recall bought this car from carmax and was aware there was a recall for the airbags. We were told to contact the company and we could have them replaced at a Lexus dealership. Every time I go online to see if the airbags are available I get a message stating "recall incomplete, remedy not yet available. " I have been trying to get this taken care of since August, this Is now November. Getting fed-up!

- Cameron Park, CA, USA

Oct 272016

I just had my 1st child and I want to know when my airbag problem will be fixed

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Oct 042016

IS 250

Takata recall the interim recall notice was sent out around may'16 when the recall started. Calling the dealership provided no information on when a fix will be available nor any additional remedy provided. This car is unsuitable for commuting with a passenger because "metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material, striking vehicle occupants, and result in serious injury or death". with such the potential for such a traumatic outcome, either a fix needs to be implemented immediately or rental cars should be made available to those who do not wish to put them or their passengers at risk. Without being able to determine how at risk a vehicle is for the inflator degredation, remedy options should be provided not only to those under immediate recall but for vehicles that are in the interim period (pre-recall) as well.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 202016

IS 250

Lexus has known about this recall for months and has still not started fixing the airbags.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jul 192016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Is 250 Lexus. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hercules, CA, USA

May 232016

IS 250

Takata recall - no fix available for multiple months, unable to operate the car with a a passenger

- Pleasanton, CA, USA

Jun 082016

IS 250

On June 8th of 2016 I was sitting at a red light and was rear-ended and pushed into the another vehicle causing extensive damage and total loss. None of my airbags were deployed and I was taken to the emergency room with neck left arm and back trauma. My passenger had neck sprain and a bruise on her thigh.

- Cartersville, GA, USA

Aug 232016

IS 250

I am highly concerned and worried about this passenger airbag recall. When asked Lexus about the remedy, I was told that the remedy would not be available until December of 2016. This seems unreasonable. Also does this recall affect the driver's side" it seems unclear as the reports showed that those who were affected by the degraded airbags were in the driver's side. Can someone please look into this" thank you.

- Washington, DC, USA