2008 Lexus IS 250 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus IS 250:

2008 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Jul 082016

IS 250

The SRS airbag light went off, needs a new sensor which Is around $1700. The airbags won't work unless the sensor Is replaced which Is a huge safety issue.

- Kennett Square, PA, USA

Dec 122015

IS 250

My car is a 2008 with only 61K miles on it. The airbag light came on and I took it into the dealer. They said there was an issue with a wiring "squib" and my entire airbag system was shut down. If I had gotten into an accident, not one airbag would have deployed. The dealer said to fix it will mean replacing the entire wiring harness at a cost of $2500. Per the dealer, this is nothing that happened over time or through wear and tear. Also, the dealer said by replacing the entire wiring harness, I was replacing items that were not malfunctioning as this was the direction per Lexus. I contacted Lexus and they said they will not cover anything. It was very alarming to hear that while the airbag light was on, I was driving around without airbags. The dealer was so concerned that after the initial diagnostic test, he strongly recommended that I service it now and not drive it off the lot due to safety reasons.

- Chesterfield, MO, USA

Sep 292015

IS 250

Nav led touch screen not working/ stopped working.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Mar 012015

IS 250

It happened on two occasions. I was driving and decided to roll down my passenger window. I normally keep it closed. After a while, decided to close it and rolled up but it overshoot the window frame, that the glass almost fell off. I had to stopped and manually push it back in. I successfully rolled it up and kept it there for a week until my son rolled it down last March 1st,2015. It no longer will roll up. I took my car to palm beach Lexus on that same day. Apparently the plastic clip broke off and the entire window has to be replaced, for 600 usd. I have seen a lot of complaints online about this (mostly ES350), based on the number of complains this should be considered a defect and costumers shouldn't be paying for the replacement.

- Greenacres , FL, USA

Jun 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

Over time, airbag wiring harness becomes loose and/or disconnected, causing airbag light to illuminate and disabling one or more airbags in the event of a crash. Lexus dealers confirm the problem but will not fix without costly payment......updated 12/03/15

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jun 202012

IS 250 6-cyl

2 months after my warranty ended my touch screen went out. I talk with my service representative at northside Lexus and he told me unfortunately the only resolution was to replace it but it would cost 50% of the labor and parts. I told him this was a defective item due to the screen suddenly went out while I was starting the car. For a 30K vehicle, you would think that Toyota would own up to this issue and the other issue I complained on with the melting of the interior doors and dashboard. I thought the dealership since they had numerous complaints would be loyal to their customers would step in and say they would take care of it but silly me who thought there is still some loyalty in this world. My family has bought 6 new Lexus vehicles and all was happy until we slowly started seeing different issues arise. I guess Toyota and northside Lexus doesn't mind loosing loyal customers!

- Houston, TX, USA

May 162014

IS 250

The contact owns a 2008 Lexus Is 250. The contact stated the touch screen navigation system failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage were 80,000.

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

Sep 212013

IS 250

I brought my car in for service on 9/10 and had my brake booster and water pump replaced. I was out of town following that and did not drive my car much. On 9/21, I got into my car and the navigation screen was not working. It displays correctly and the backup camera works but it is unresponsive to my touch. I cannot adjust the air, radio, or navigation. I read many, many forums online of people having the same issue as me.

- Melbourne, FL, USA