2.3

2009 Lexus IS 250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lexus IS 250:

2009 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Dec 232016

IS 250

While driving on a northern California highway on 12/23/2016, I heard a huge explosion and saw that my sunroof had exploded. I immediately closed the hatch to prevent glass from coming into the vehicle. When I pulled over and got out to look at the damage, I noticed that the glass was pushed up - indicating that it had exploded outward not inward (as in something falling on it).

- Corte Madera, CA, USA

Mar 012016

IS 250

The dashboard is melting, its dangerous to drive this car in the daytime because the reflection of the sun causes it to shine on the melting dashboard, making it very difficult to see clearly. I called Lexus and they wont cover this defective part.

- Miramar Beach, FL, USA

May 012015

IS 250

While driving 60 mph on the freeway my car suddenly stalls, loses power, and stops running!

- Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 072015

IS 250

My dash board Is melting. It Is really sticky and produce a glare on windshield when driving in the direction of sun. It Is becoming very difficult to see. There Is a recall on other years and models. Recall should be reevaluated to include all cars effected by this defect.

- Honolulu , HI, USA