2011 Lexus IS 250 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lexus IS 250:

2011 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Nov 172016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

Nov 052016

IS 250

Takata recall. This recall Is taking too long and there Is no resolution date proposed. I am trying to trade-in or sell my vehicle and receive offers $4000 or more less then kbb value. I don't want to use the vehicle especially with a front seat passenger. The rear seats are not convenient in the is250C model as it Is a two door and the rear seats offer a cramped space for passengers.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 232016

IS 250

Takata recall according to safercar.gov, there has been an airbag recall (#16V340) since 5/23/16 with no remedy. What can be done to get this expedited as this has been very inconvenient for me? I drive this vehicle everyday as it is my sole means of transportation.

- Leander, TX, USA

Oct 222016

IS 250

Tamara recall. I feel that they are doing nothing to resolve this problem. I received this notice in may of 2016 and it is now October 2016. Why don't they just replace the air bag with a different one. Remove the defective one not send a notice not to use your car. I have a child and he sits in the passenger seat and if anything were to happen to him because of the lack of response to the recall. I will take legal action especially hearing about the lady who just recently died regarding these airbags. I keep asking Lexus on when they are going to fix the problem and they said next year (2017) sometime. Why is it that our safety is not a priority. But they sure are in a rush to sell you a car. I bought my car to use it not sit at home to look pretty and stay parked because that's the advice they are giving us. How hard is it to replace 1 airbag. Accidents happen every day and no one knows when they will be involved in one. I work really far from home and I am scared to drive my car knowing that at anytime my airbag car deploy on its own or in fear of being involved in an accident that will cause my air bag to deploy.

- La Puente, CA, USA

Jun 092016

IS 250

The contact owns a 2011 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

Sep 072016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 10/21/16

- Honolulu, HI, USA

May 262016

IS 250

Lexus notified me in May 2016 of a recall for takata airbags, but has not taken definitive action to replace my airbag so my car Is safe to drive.

- Jersey Village, TX, USA

Jul 182016

- Channelview, TX, USA

Jan 012011

Takata recall

- Beaufort, SC, USA

Dec 072012

IS 250 6-cyl

I was driving my vehicle and the vehicle 3 car lengths ahead of me put on his brakes and when I went to put on my brakes my car continued to accelerate and I had no control of the braking and ran into the back of the vehicle. My airbags failed to deploy- my car was a complete loss to the front end ($17,000) and the insurance appraiser, body shop, police officer, towing company were stunned that the airbags failed to deploy do to the severity of impact and damage.

- Huntersville, NC, USA