2014 Lexus IS 250 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lexus IS 250:

2014 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Sep 202014

IS 250

My 2014 Lexus Is 250 driver's side door will not unlock or let me in at random. When approaching the vehicle and pressing the "unlock" button on my key fob, all doors will unlock except the driver's side door. When this occurs, you must walk to the other side of the vehicle, manually unlock the door, and then it will work again until the next time you need access to the vehicle. This is a huge safety concern, as there is no guarantee that I will be able to enter the safety of my vehicle when needed. After leaving my 2014 Is 250 at the Lexus dealership to be worked on for this issue, I was given another 2014 Is 250 as a complimentary loaner. Less than three hours after obtaining the loaner vehicle, it also expressed the exact same issue. This can only lead me to believe that this is a nationwide software/electrical Lexus issue that needs to be recalled by Lexus immediately.

- Buford, GA, USA

Nov 182013

IS 250

Battery died and I could not get into my car that morning.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Dec 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

I recently leased a 2014 Lexus Is 250 on 11/24/2013 and ever since the first month of having the vehicle I have been having issues with driver side mechanism. The issue happens periodically and without warning. The problem happening is when I attempt to open the locked door with the door handle or with the remote the car will continuously beep and not open the driver side door. All of the other doors including the trunk will open but except the driver"S side door. The only way to enter the vehicle is through the driver side will be to go to the passenger side and open the driver?S side door through the inside and the go around again to the driver"S side and enter the vehicle. I have taken my vehicle in for repair 5 times to the Lexus dealership and they have yet corrected the issue. I have a video of the issue if it is needed.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 252014

IS 250

The navigation/entertainment system simply stopped working while the car was in motion. The dealer couldn't restart the system and is waiting for the replacement unit. The car is new (purchased less than 2 months ago).

- Scarsdale, NY, USA