2014 Lexus IS 250 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lexus IS 250:

2014 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

May 042016

IS 250

I called the dealership regarding the expanding recall and am trying to find out if my car has the tekata airbags. I had to call the North american headquarters in torrance California where they made fun of me on the phone line. I just want to know if I have tekata airbags that are not yet in the recall that is expanding so I can deactivate them or get the issue addressed. I do not feel comfortable driving the car without knowing this. They admit they have the information as to the manufacturer for the airbags but refuse to give it to me. Please help me get them to release the info and not treat customers with such lack of concern and disrespect as I experienced.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 192015

IS 250

The contact owned a 2014 Lexus Is 250. While driving at 40 mph, another vehicle crashed head on into the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a fractured rib, hip, ankle and head injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where the vehicle was deemed destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified to the failure. The failure mileage was 28,000.

- Lewisville, NC, USA